Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

!st Turbo butts

Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
edited July 2012 in Pork
I did 2 both around 8 lbs. they took about 8 hours @ 350 dome temp. Everybody love it. The beans I call Cowboy they have pulled pork,Chicken and Brisket in them. Very tasty. 

• BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Looks good! I suppose I don't have to ask if all of the ingredients were egged for those cowboy beans. How many folks did you feed?
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    24 full size and 6 lil peeps. 
  • EggdamEggdam Posts: 223
    Is that the normal time for a turbo butt? One hour a pound? Never done a turbo.
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,860
    Did you foil?
    Winston-Salem, NC 
    @Eggdam I dont know 1st time. @ Hi No I didn't foil I wanted the bark. 
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 213
    How do you think it turned out vs low and slow?  Did you notice any difference?
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    How do you think it turned out vs low and slow?  Did you notice any difference?
    Yes less smoke flavor that's the only difference. They were very moist and tasty. The only thing I will change is add more smoke wood. 
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,307
    Yeah, butt, is 8 hrs 'turbo'? They don't take much longer low and slow, like around 9-1/2 - 10. I'm seeing other turbos done in like 5 hrs? Anyway, good either way!