Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Saved by the Spatchcock

Options
Dannyo14
Dannyo14 Posts: 19
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am only one year into this Egg cult and while I am no expert I consider myself pretty handy.  However, yesterday I was hosting a dinner party for 14.  Had bought a nice 8lb brisket that I seasoned with a personal recipe.  Put it on my egg at 200 around 7:30.  Left the house everything was great and got home around 3 to find the Egg temp at 0 and Brisket at 100 (after being cooked in the sun).  Dinner party at 6.  I hopped on the forum and looked up Spatchcock chicken recipes and sent my wife to pick up 7 chickens.  Well, after going on YouTube to learn how to Spatchcock I prepared 7 of these birds using Dizzy BBQ rub and it was a hit.  The point of this post is to put another plug out there for the greatness of the Spatchcock chicken.  It saved my dinner party and was a hit.  I would have included pics but there was nothing left and I was in a cooking fury.  Thanks.

Comments