Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Saved by the Spatchcock

Dannyo14Dannyo14 Posts: 12
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am only one year into this Egg cult and while I am no expert I consider myself pretty handy.  However, yesterday I was hosting a dinner party for 14.  Had bought a nice 8lb brisket that I seasoned with a personal recipe.  Put it on my egg at 200 around 7:30.  Left the house everything was great and got home around 3 to find the Egg temp at 0 and Brisket at 100 (after being cooked in the sun).  Dinner party at 6.  I hopped on the forum and looked up Spatchcock chicken recipes and sent my wife to pick up 7 chickens.  Well, after going on YouTube to learn how to Spatchcock I prepared 7 of these birds using Dizzy BBQ rub and it was a hit.  The point of this post is to put another plug out there for the greatness of the Spatchcock chicken.  It saved my dinner party and was a hit.  I would have included pics but there was nothing left and I was in a cooking fury.  Thanks.
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,043

Great audible-and here's a great link that may save you a few you-tube search minutes down the road-probably the best intro site for ceramic cooking going-(and I have no affiliation-just trying to help):

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramic.htm 

Now about that brisket-chalk that up to judgement....

Louisville
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 239

captain hits this one on the head....great site!!!  spatchcook chicken is the bomb!  Just no left overs.  Best meal for the money I know of....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    Long Live the Cock!!!
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • Dannyo14Dannyo14 Posts: 12
    Well said.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,018
    For the healthy crowd, try skinless spatched chicken. They taste just as good.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·