Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Saved by the Spatchcock

Dannyo14Dannyo14 Posts: 12
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am only one year into this Egg cult and while I am no expert I consider myself pretty handy.  However, yesterday I was hosting a dinner party for 14.  Had bought a nice 8lb brisket that I seasoned with a personal recipe.  Put it on my egg at 200 around 7:30.  Left the house everything was great and got home around 3 to find the Egg temp at 0 and Brisket at 100 (after being cooked in the sun).  Dinner party at 6.  I hopped on the forum and looked up Spatchcock chicken recipes and sent my wife to pick up 7 chickens.  Well, after going on YouTube to learn how to Spatchcock I prepared 7 of these birds using Dizzy BBQ rub and it was a hit.  The point of this post is to put another plug out there for the greatness of the Spatchcock chicken.  It saved my dinner party and was a hit.  I would have included pics but there was nothing left and I was in a cooking fury.  Thanks.

Comments