Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

One Big Steak!

Options
2»

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options

I agree on the wow factor. Another idea is not to have the bone Frenched. Lotta tasty meat on there and the dogs like you better

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• NibbleMeThis
    NibbleMeThis Posts: 2,295
    Options
    That is a beautiful steak.  I haven't had to opportunity to get one of these yet but they are definitely on my food bucket list.
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Options
    Nice pics guys!
  • 55drum
    55drum Posts: 162
    Options
    Anyone know where to buy great meat like this in Orlando?

I can't remember the name but they have a great selection of meat here and they do carry the cowboy steaks as well...here's the location...just east of the old Roger Holler

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    first dude to explain how the length of extra bone adds flavor, wins a prize.

it's a cool lookin steak. and with lamb lollipops the bone is a nice built  in handle. but they really just found a way to sell the bone with it when they sell it as a "tomahawk" steak, or cowboy steak.

as long as the price per pound is fine, you aren't getting screwed on the cost.  and no denying it looks tuff-guy. 
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    first dude to explain how the length of extra bone adds flavor, wins a prize.

it's a cool lookin steak. and with lamb lollipops the bone is a nice built  in handle. but they really just found a way to sell the bone with it when they sell it as a "tomahawk" steak, or cowboy steak.

as long as the price per pound is fine, you aren't getting screwed on the cost.  and no denying it looks tuff-guy. 

. I'd like the answer ha
    Boom
  • Cookbook_Chip
    Cookbook_Chip Posts: 1,299
    Options
    @hapster looks so good I think I'll make it MY Christmas card!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at https://FamilyCookbookProject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes