Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pulled Pork creations?

EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok, so after seeing several Pulled Pork Pizza's I finally saved enough to make one. OMG! It was amazing, so now I have to ask what other pulled pork leftover creations have I been missing out on? I'm contemplating a pp omlette for breakfast, a PP King Ranch casarole, Potato Bombs with pp...

What Is your favorite use for left over pp?
Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
·

Comments

• BoilereggerBoileregger Posts: 322
    Pulled pork nachos. Mix the pork with your favorite BBQ sauce, then load it up on some tortilla chips. Top with jalapeño, lots of cheese, some green onion and enjoy. I would smoke a butt just for the nachos!!
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,788
    Tacos
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Tamales
    ·
  • NibbleMeThisNibbleMeThis Posts: 2,246
    My favorite is making mini-chimichangas

Stuffed with pulled pork and other ingredients.  They are a bit of work but dang tasty!

http://www.nibblemethis.com/2011/10/mini-chimichangas.html
    ·
  • MDHogMDHog Posts: 38
    Brunswick stew is the best possible use of left over pulled pork. 
    ·
  • TarHeelBBQTarHeelBBQ Posts: 305
    Pulled pork tacos.

Sauté onions and jalapeño.
    Add pulled pork
    Then add salsa

Serve with either quesosauce or a creative slaw

Thx,

TarHeelBBQ
    ·
  • Tamale's but it's a lot of work! We only do it once or twice a year but they are great with smoked pork instead of braised

·
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,759
    Egg rolls

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 855
    I use it on Cuban style sandwiches.  Grilling the ham first is also a nice touch.  I have used a foil wrapped brick with the cast iron grate to make the press to finish the sandwich.  It doesn't take long when the grate is hot.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • MeanGreenMeanGreen Posts: 7
    +1 on the pulled pork nachos
    ·
  • tyenic1tyenic1 Posts: 149

Loaded pulled porked baked potato.

·
  • TaterTater Posts: 16
    Quisedias....(spelling?). Pulled pork, gave cheese, diced canned chiles.....yum!
    Always having fun with the BGE!
    ·
  • JWBurnsJWBurns Posts: 334
    I looked this up, and that stew sounds delicious!
    ·
  • michigan_jasonmichigan_jason Posts: 1,299
    Anything Mexican, tamales, tacos, burritos, flautas, chimmies, enchiladas. When you make tamales, as cen tex said, there is a lot of work, but still make so many that you can freeze them. Worth it for sure!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity and are able to turn both to their advantage."

·
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212

I looked this up, and that stew sounds delicious!
    Brunswick stew is one of my all time favorite winter dishes.  I need to save some Spatchcock chicken to go with the pulled pork...
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    ·
  • MikeP624MikeP624 Posts: 292
    I saw a thing on the cooking channel for a pulled pork cake, like a crab cake but with pulled pork.  The main ingredients that they shared were PP, cream cheese, sauted peppers and onions, and a binder.  They were then dipped in an egg wash and then panko and fried.
    ·