Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini's

SmoothSmoke
SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Do they ever come up on the "used" market?   My wife wants a mini, but before shelling out $400+, I figured I'd try to score a used one. 

Comments

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    My friend just scored a Large w/table on craigslist.  So you never know what is out there.  Now, if you don't buy from an authorized dealer it is not under warranty, for what that is worth to you I don't know.
  • JerkChicken
    JerkChicken Posts: 551
    edited July 2012
    Heck no.

I see Large BGEs going on craigslist about once every two months and the occasional medium. Nothing else in my area which is Central Florida. 

If you want it just go pay the full and be happy you have what you wanted.
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
  • SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    I'm just wondering how often mini's come up.  I always see large's.  If the consensus here is that they hardly ever come up, I'll buy it new ;)
  • SkinnyV
    SkinnyV Posts: 3,404
    edited July 2012
    never saw one in the time i looked. bit the bullet and paid the $400. its my first and only egg, if the cost scares you wait till u factor in the woo,wok, stand,stone , 10 inch grate in my case.. it goes on and on but fun and dont regret it a bit.
    Seattle, WA
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    If you can't find a used mini then try to but one at a fest. I don't know the exact figure they knock off the regular price, Mickey could answer that, but I know it is a pretty good chunk of change.  Click on EGGfest to find a fest near you.  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    I have browsed Craigslist Charlotte everyday for about 3 years looking for eggs and have never found a mini posted. Lots of larges, a few mediums but never a mini.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I saw a mini listed in MO a week or so ago.  Hard to find. 
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Lowflyer
    Lowflyer Posts: 785
    I found a new mini for $300 in the Atlanta area on Craigslist, I offered $250 and they declined. For an xtra $100 I'll just get a new one w the warranty.
  • Golfanatic
    Golfanatic Posts: 33
    I asked my Ace Hardware guy when I bought my large ans he said he doesn't even sell one mini per year and they sell over 200 Larges...no way the minis come up for resale. It's you crazy egg heads buying them once per year lol....I meant us crazy eggheads
  • allitnils
    allitnils Posts: 109
    I asked my Ace Hardware guy when I bought my large ans he said he doesn't even sell one mini per year and they sell over 200 Larges...no way the minis come up for resale. It's you crazy egg heads buying them once per year lol....I meant us crazy eggheads
    If they hardly ever sell them (the mini eggs), I would imagine they'd be open for some bartering, no?
    When I bought my large, the place I got it from was selling it for $2200, and I got them down to $1700..
    Granted, they were trying to get rid of the last one they had in stock as they weren't bringing any more in, and it was also the end of the financial year so they had to make the sale.. Not really sure what the markup prices are on eggs, but surely you can talk them down $50-$100.... Or at least get a few bags of lump included!
  • Kristinnn
    Kristinnn Posts: 133
    there was one in nashville on craisgslist but for $300. so no thanks
  • Rubmyrock
    Rubmyrock Posts: 266
    Hokie, if you ever see any around the Charlotte area that you're not interested in please let me know regardless of size. I want them all. Love my large but I want a collection.
  • troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458

In MO? Show me!
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Hokie, if you ever see any around the Charlotte area that you're not interested in please let me know regardless of size. I want them all. Love my large but I want a collection.

Will do.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Sgt93
    edited July 2012

In MO? Show me!

:)) Like it is still there
  • Sgt93
    But it was a Mini in a custom table (looked a little rough), they were asking $350.
  • Hic
    Hic Posts: 350
    I picked up a mini I saw on Craigslist last year. He listed it in his yard sale post. I was there at 7:30 and paid $25, didn't even negotiate. Probably put another $125 into it, to replace the band and a few other things.

Large, medium, small and a mini. Egg'n, golfing, beer drinking, camping and following football and baseball.
    Atlanta NOTP suburbia.

• jlsm
    jlsm Posts: 1,011
    Check Fred's. I was up there last weekend and he had several old models for sale at about $350 or less. I do have to warn, though, that the new models have good upgrades. And I don't know about shipping.
    Owner of a large and a beloved mini in Philadelphia
  • BGElovr
    BGElovr Posts: 83
    My first mini that I bought on CL, I paid $40. It was an older one, but in excellent shape. The second one was new in a box with charcoal and accessories that I paid $280 and yes, I got a warranty. So to answer your question; they're out there for sale.
  • rustypotts
    rustypotts Posts: 265
    I bought one off of CL a couple of weeks ago.  Turned out to be only 5 miles or so from my house.  I love the little buggar. 
  • Sgt93
    I still want one and have no idea why :))