Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just got a mini BGE, registered numbers on top and bottom don't match!

VA in GAVA in GA Posts: 54
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Hello,       I just got a mini BGE and registered it tonight for the warranty, was wondering if anyone could let me know why the numbers on the top half and  the bottom half don't match?? Aren't they suppose too, my medium egg numbers match!  
Proud Griller of a BGE Medium, Small and Large in May 2015!
·

Comments

• xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    perfectly normal. My large's don't either. The tops and bottoms are made separately.
    ·
  • mountaindewbassmountaindewbass Posts: 1,745
    My mini has different numbers as well.. No biggie
    ·
  • VA in GAVA in GA Posts: 54
    SO glad to hear!   Do you registered the top or bottom numbers??   Thank You for your replies, I appreciate them.     Have a Great eggen week.   :-)
    ·
  • xraypat23xraypat23 Posts: 421
    I can't remember. I know I called headquarters and they told me which one to use. If i remember correctly I think it's the top
    ·
  • troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 456
    Top numbers are used for registration. Just registered a small a couple weeks ago.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • newegg13newegg13 Posts: 231
    This post made me wonder: Is registration required to validate your warranty?

Thanks
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
    ·
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37

Thanks
    Yes. It's the top btw.
    ·
  • hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 104
    The number just looks like a manufacturing date so I'd expect them to be similar but not necessarily the same. My dome is 3411 which I imagine is the 34th week of 2011. Too late to check the base as it's all black now.

That number might be a good way to check the age of a used egg too. I'm curious if anyone has a "registration" number that doesn't follow the WWYY format.
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 3,422

Thanks
    Interesting  - got my Large BGE from an authorized dealer 9 months ago.  The never said anything about having to register the Egg.  Wonder if it is too late?
  • VA in GAVA in GA Posts: 54
    Thank You again to all eggers that responed with answers,  greatly appreciated...:-)
    ·