Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

new way for me to light the egg.

tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok, i got tired of holding my map torch at the lump until it lit, and figured out a new way with my hi-que grate. Just lite from the bottom like a chimney starter.
I put the torch in, and lock it in place with the screen door. I'm not brave enough to walk away, but it is nice not to get sparks jumping at me.
Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
All to get cheaper brisket! 
·

Comments

• Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    That's a winner. 
    ·
  • Lump bill is gonna go up some. When I got my first egg the dealer told me to light it by sticking newspaper under the fire ring. Lit fast but burned up a lot of lump.
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    and sends fluttering ash all over
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • and sends fluttering ash all over
    Until you checked back in this week brownie had the only profile pic that made me laugh every time i saw it. And now there are 2.................

·
  • It kept pretty much in the egg. That was before the screen too.
    ·
    C~T... i used to have the giada one over here, too.  and it worked (the perpetual gif).  But i used another avatar for a while, and when i went back to giada, it wouldn't upload

for future ref, would you prefer this one?
    ·
  • C~T... i used to have the giada one over here, too.  and it worked (the perpetual gif).  But i used another avatar for a while, and when i went back to giada, it wouldn't upload

for future ref, would you prefer this one?
    Um....no. Let's just stick with what we have

·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    No.....I miss the animated Giada one
    ·
  • No.....I miss the animated Giada one
    She can grate some cheese! (or whatever that was)

·
    No.....I miss the animated Giada one
    She can grate some cheese! (or whatever that was)

Who cares what it was !  :D
    ·
  • Twas a carrot
    ·
    Twas a carrot
    And now we know....the rest of the story
    ·
  • Always made me wince
    ·
  • AviatorAviator Posts: 1,522
    I would like to see it :)

Large and Small BGE, and a baby black Kub.

And all the toys to make me look like a Gizmo Chef.

>:)

Chattanooga, TN.

·
  • tazcrashtazcrash Posts: 1,851
    Always made me wince
    +1

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
    ·
  • Always made me wince

+1

She looked like she was getting mad at it for sure

·
  • And it kept gettin shorter and shorter
    ·
    I would like to see it :)
    The carrot?
    ·
    edited July 2012
    it's still my avatar on the "forbidden forum'.  i already posted a link over there today.  would hate to get anyone's knickers in a knot by plugging the 'old' forum  :))

i clipped the scene from a youtube video.  if you don't mind sexist juvenile humour, google> giada nice carrots

if you do, don't say i made you click the link
    ·
  • bettysnephewbettysnephew Posts: 901
    edited July 2012
    Would placing one or two of the lighter wafers in the bottom of the Egg through the air inlet get things going through the vent holes in the cast iron coal grate, or would the iron dissipate too much heat to allow the charcoal to ignite?  Has anyone tried it?
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022

it's still my avatar on the "forbidden forum'.  i already posted a link over there today.  would hate to get anyone's knickers in a knot by plugging the 'old' forum  :))

i clipped the scene from a youtube video.  if you don't mind sexist juvenile humour, google> giada nice carrots

if you do, don't say i made you click the link
    Hummina...hummina!........Why don't we have a bunny emoticon?
    ·