Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Woooo--hooo-, love this BGE thing

JohnMcJohnMc Posts: 75
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I just did the most fantastic cook ever on my large BGE plus a medium BGE I stole from Craig's list.  I've only had these things for a short time, was ready to put them on EBay after the first screw ups but thank goodness didn't give up.  Unfortunately the only picture I have is one my wife took of me passed out on a lawn chair by the pool after martinis until 2 am, but none of the food. Take my word for it as a native Texan transplant to NC that I hit a home run.  Had a mob of guests for the holiday week and cooked two Boston butts about 8-9 lbs each, a 9 lb packer brisket, a 14 lb packer brisket, 2 x 5 lb Costco organic chickens in Soy/ginger marinade, 36 ABT's.  Sides (but not on the BGE) slaw for the pork, baked beans, burgers, dogs, a fantastic watermelon/fruit salsa (let me know if you want recipe) that was perfect with the meats, and lots of other stuff that just appeared.  Started out with 4 old friends, 5 neighbors and ended up with over 30 friends of friends including many I never met.  Went through a ton of gin, 2 cases of wine, and whatever else the interlopers needed to sate their livers.  Wife did a low country boil with just off the boat shrimp, clams, some sausage a friend brought from PA, local fresh corn & taters.  I've been playing with grills forever and never could have pulled this off with this quality with anything other than the BGE.  Can't believe how moist everything comes out compared to other methods. Sure glad I didn't toss them after the first aborted pizza and dried out chicken breasts.  So thankful that all you folks have posted advice, recipes, encouragement, etc that I've been reading for the past few months.  Thanks so much for the input and so glad to be a new BGE fanatic. I now have to learn to stay sober enough to take some pics after the meat is cooked...have lots before but who wants pictures of raw meat?

Comments