Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Successful July 4th Holiday. (picture heavy)

Options
BYS1981
BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Yesterday was a great BBQ at my house. 

For apps I made ABTs, I did a cream cheese and mexican cheese mixture (costco shredded mexican cheese mix) in a jalapeno wrapped in bacon.  I cooked these for 30 minutes indirect at 400.  They turned out great.

For dinner I made salmon with a marinade that I used on the shrimp as well.  The marinade was cilantro, parsley, dijon mustard, red wine vinegar, honey, and some other spices.  The salmon I did direct at about 425 (temp had creeped up between ABT removal) until 125.

Then I did shrimp direct at 450 and they also turned out great.  The shrimp were both u-15 and u-8, so if you noticed it, your eyes are not playing tricks on you!

I have also attached my happy customers, probably more happy with their cookies than the food at this point, haha.

Hope everyone else had a good BBQ too!

Comments