Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Turbo Vs. Low n Slow Butt

Options
13»

Comments

• Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    From pic i would say Lou is a submarine captain.

Hard spot to take your egg-

thanks for your service lou.
    Greensboro, NC
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    Options
    @ Wolfpack-"was" is the operative word-and enjoyed that chapter-but tis a young man's game.  No BGE's while cruisin around the ocean but did do a couple topside BBQ's on occasion. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Options
    That's awesome! BBQ with the ocean all around that would be quite a site
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    Options
    I agree with Brownie, the Turbo is great if your short on time. Nice to have both options. I did add more hickory to the Turbo than I usually do, and buried some deeper into the lump than normal also. Nice write up Brownie, thanks for taking the time to do this!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    @ Wolfpack-"was" is the operative word-and enjoyed that chapter-but tis a young man's game.  No BGE's while cruisin around the ocean but did do a couple topside BBQ's on occasion. 
    Nothing like a slider hot off the grill in the middle of the Atlantic eh Lou?  A nice break from "5 knots to nowhere".
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,349
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Nothing like a slider hot off the grill in the middle of the Atlantic eh Lou?  A nice break from "5 knots to nowhere".

Spent all my time in the Pac-and missed the "5 knots to nowhere" til the end-game-last chance to go to sea so that was how I closed it out...but you gotta love sliders and chocolate chip cookeie...even if it's after field day.  And I apologize for the thread hi-jack.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Options
    I did two turbos and the only thing I would change? Add more smoke wood. Its moist and very taste just dont have the smoke taste I'm use too. Yes I would and will do it again. Everybody loved it.  \:D/
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Reading through MI Jasonsbigphil posted that he used olive oil that unintentionally made his bark soft. If I were to use olive oil on a turbo would it give me softer bark, or would the olive oil turn to crust at the higher temps?

No worries lou....this was a post for everyone interested.