Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large BGE - need smallest table that is safe to roll 30 feet from garage to patio

mjrodney
mjrodney Posts: 16
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum

Has anyone ever built a minimalist and very compact table that can be rolled around over uneven pavement?

My needs are more for a table to transport the Large egg, rather than a table that will hold accessories or the like.

Comments

• troutgeek
    troutgeek Posts: 458
    No table, but the nest with a handler is nice.
    XL BGE - Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber Smokey Joe
  • Newportlocal
    Newportlocal Posts: 474
    A nest and a handler
  • mjrodney

Are they really stable pulled backwards?

My conditions are uneven concrete.

• Bandituba
    Bandituba Posts: 6

Are they really stable pulled backwards?

My conditions are uneven concrete.

Very. I pull mine out of the garage out onto the driveway almost daily. The handler makes all the difference.
  • mjrodney

Thanks for the info.

That's the way I will go.

• In case you're still interested in other options, here's a table I built for an XL with 10" flat-free casters. Definitely not minimalist with the folding shelves and plate setter drawer, but just a thought! ;)
    http://choiceofga.com "Well, of course I use the best tools I can get. What I'm talking about is people who buy a plane to kiss it every morning and then plane everything. I get a router bit to do the same thing, and kiss that." — Tage Frid
  • Bandituba
    Bandituba Posts: 6
    Better question, how does it attach to the nest?

It attaches to 2 of the legs on the nest and then attaches to the lower band on the base right at the hinge mechanism. Once attached you can actually tip the egg backwards like an appliance dolly and move over large obstacles.
  • tgkleman
    tgkleman Posts: 216
    You could also just put larger casters on the nest, which would make it roll easier.  I am not sure how they are attached... bolts or welded?
  • 3MBBQ
    3MBBQ Posts: 26
    edited June 2012
    In case you're still interested in other options, here's a table I built for an XL with 10" flat-free casters. Definitely not minimalist with the folding shelves and plate setter drawer, but just a thought! ;)
    That table looks identical to one that was on Brian Crisler's (now gone) website. Brian also had a brother named Kenneth who posted on this site a year or so ago. Is it just a major coincidence or is your advertised website (choiceofga) the same operation with a different name??
  • 3MBBQ
    Sorry everyone for the double post....
    re: the HANDLER option for the Egg, I don't have one but have seen it "in action" and it works really well!
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    edited June 2012

that table looks exactly like one that was featured on Brian Crisler's now gone website. And Brian had a brother named Kenneth who had posted on THIS site a year or so ago re: tables. Are you the same person with a new website or is this just an incredible coincidence!? (I see that the website you listed above -choiceofga - is new for 2012.)

That is pretty strange, Brian's address was 150 Robinson Dr and now yours is 160 Robinson Dr. There are a lot of people looking to get there money back from the last Crisler scam. This is sure looking like another one. So Ken let your brother know I would like my $$$$$ back!!!

• that table looks exactly like one that was featured on Brian Crisler's now gone website. And Brian had a brother named Kenneth who had posted on THIS site a year or so ago re: tables. Are you the same person with a new website or is this just an incredible coincidence!? (I see that the website you listed above -choiceofga - is new for 2012.)

That is pretty strange, Brian's address was 150 Robinson Dr and now yours is 160 Robinson Dr. There are a lot of people looking to get there money back from the last Crisler scam. This is sure looking like another one. So Ken let your brother know I would like my $$$$$ back!!!

I reluctantly used that photo knowing very well that this issue may come up, but also knew sooner or later I would need to address it publicly as I have privately with the handful of people that have contacted me, and that I wasn't going to feel "ashamed" of work I did 10+ months ago—long before these problems began. Due to a clause in a non-compete agreement drafted between the two of us I can only share so much, but it should be enough to put to rest any notion of a "Crisler scam" being perpetrated.

1. As of December 1st 2011, I am/was no longer employed by Crisler Woodworks/Brian Crisler. We had creative differences, managerial differences, and issues pertaining to unpaid wages. With help from my girlfriend of 9 years/business partner, I began my own company, Choice Cabinetry of Georgia LLC, which came into existence January 7th, 2012. We are registered with the State of Georgia, and in full compliance with all corporate regulations. Feel free to visit the State Secretary's website for more information, or to search the database for our records: http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/csearch.asp

2. The close proximity of our locations: I began this business on very short notice. I was familiar with the landlord, the space was ideal for a cabinet shop, and without the financial backing necessary that would allow purchase or lease of a forklift for off-loading deliveries of materials, or a panel truck to pick-up supplies on short notice, being neighbors with someone who had those items and would lend them freely was a big plus. Obviously this has been a frequent obstacle as of late, but without exception I have established accounts with vendors who were understandably hesitant 6 months ago, but are now happy to have CCGA as a customer.

3. I cannot stress enough that if you have not received your order, are not receiving any communication, contact Paypal and your credit card company IMMEDIATELY and take the necessary steps to cancel your order and get a refund in full.

I understand completely the skepticism that you all feel. But for one moment, put yourself in my position: the negligence of a relative who is in the same industry as you, negligence which you had no knowledge of or responsibility for, has caused irrevocable damage to your business but more importantly your reputation and your name.
    Brian or Kenneth are not especially unique names. But Crisler sticks out. And honestly, I have no idea how much time will pass before it won't come up that my brother ripped off a lot of people any time I or my company, or my tables are mentioned, and I again have to explain myself. Until then, regardless of your feelings for Brian, please refrain from grouping us together, or perpetuating the idea that there is a "Crisler Scam" afoot.

If anyone would like to discuss any further with me the legitimacy of my business, my number is available from my website, and is also listed below.

Thank you

http://choiceofga.com
    770-719-3979
    http://choiceofga.com "Well, of course I use the best tools I can get. What I'm talking about is people who buy a plane to kiss it every morning and then plane everything. I get a router bit to do the same thing, and kiss that." — Tage Frid
  • 3MBBQ

A few comments for Kenneth:

you were posting on this site in November 2011 (under a different name) and still (seemingly) supporting your brother's business so it is a bit curoious that you left the business on December 1st. If people 'group' you together it is because you indicated that you worked together and were in business together and that you had builts "1000's" of tables. Since you've obviously been following other comments on the site (re: people not getting tables), you COULD have let people know much sooner about the problems that your brother was having in terms of filling customer orders, etc. Doing so could have saved a LOT of people a LOT of aggravation.

Good luck with your new business and working out your relationship with your brother.

• Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372

Kenneth: I think you have explained yourself very well. As you said, you knew this was coming. And I’m sure there is more to come. But step back and look at a couple of things; one look at it threw our eyes. There is lot of us that were screwed by Brian and are trying to get our money back. In the process his web site goes away and zero communication. Then all of a sodden the same table pops up and a new Crisler web site is born. None of us had any clue what was happening between you and Brian. What did you expect us to think? When I saw that table it was like someone just slapped me in the face and was just standing there laughing, wow that was a fun game screwing people, let’s try it again.

I think you have explained yourself and I would probably buy a table from you had I not already bought tools to build my own.

Two if you want to sell tables this forum is one of the best places. The bad part is because we hijacked this thread that has nothing to do with issues we have been talking about very few people will have seen it. So, the questions are going to rear there ugly head again and again. If I were you I would put “all” the info you have explained in this thread together and have it ready to paste in the next time you get questioned. Once a few people have bought your tables and post them the fire storm will die down, but it will take some time… Brain did a lot of damage but giving up a saying this forum isn’t going to work for you is Not going to help you business.

Just my 2 cents, Scott

• BeauPNS
    BeauPNS Posts: 15
    I made contact with Kenneth today expressing my desire to still obtain my table like I was expecting with Brian. I was very specific on terms of payment considering the other experience and he was more than accommodating. So I will play Guinea Pig and let you guys know how things turn out. He was very open and quite vocal on his need to separate from BC stigma. 
  • Golfanatic
    Golfanatic Posts: 33
    I also plan to order a table from Kenneth. He is doing COD and I am picking up for a big discount. Will let everyone know the results too.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    How is he in competition with his brother who isn't making tables? How is it that Brian hasn't been arrested? There are a lot of people that make wooden tables.