Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Thank you from a BGE newbie

rlgibsonrlgibson Posts: 9
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
For the past couple of years, I've had a Weber Kettle Grill and a WSM to meet me backyard grilling and BBQ needs. They both worked great, but I finally purchased a LBGE about one month ago - wow, simply amazing. I've already given away my grill and am about ready to give my WSM to my neighbor. That said, I really want to say "Thank You" to the members of this forum. So far, based largely on the guidance and advice that I've found here, I've grilled filets, burgers, and pizza, and then on the 4th, I smoked a pork should low and slow for 12 hours. My wife said that it was the best I've done (and after almost 40 years of marriage, when she's impressed it's a good day), and our guests were really impressed. It's great for a newbie like me to have a resource with the experience and knowledge of this forum - I've done several searches and each time found an answer. Again, thank you and I really appreciate your help.
·

Comments

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,259
    I'm too new to say "you're welcome", but I just want to express my gratitude, also, for sponging knowledge from this forum.

·
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    I'm a sponge too!  It's great!!
    ·
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    Me 4. Call me SpongeBob... yea I have young kids.
    ·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    We are all sponges! Once you know something that will help someone you drip a little and look for new knowledge. I like to test push,pull things till they fit for me. I'm a nut and I'm not gunna say what kind.  :D
    ·
  • FxLynchFxLynch Posts: 433
    Welcome to the site, and to world of Egging.  Sounds like you've already spent some time learning to cook on the Egg.  Be prepared to spend an overnight cook with us as your guiding post (not just me but many others with way more knowledge) and loving it.

Love to see new Eggers such as yourself!

Frank
    ·
  • bigphilbigphil Posts: 1,386
    new as well to the forum , its a great resource and everyone i've had interactions with are fantastic the knowledge here and the help all are willing to give is unsuppased .Thanks to everyone here and welcoming us beginners and helping us.
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
    ·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,457
    @ rlgibson-welcome and enjoy the journey-always a learning experience.
    Louisville
    ·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389

The greatest thing about this forum is the new people (like me) get to draw from the experiences of the "senoir" members, and it helps us get up to speed quicker and hopefully carry the art of food to even higher levels.  The advice i have received here is second to none IMHO.  The more advise you guys give, the more i listen and eggsperiment!

Thank you to all who provide solutions and advice.  I hope to be able to help others on this forum in the future!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,457
    Remember-"judgement comes from experience" and experience comes from poor judgement-we were all newbies at some point and just try to help each other along on the journey.  Fun to expand the limits of what you can "Q" with the BGE.
    Louisville
    ·
  • NewvilleNewville Posts: 84
    The resources here are amassing Rigibson. Our fellow members can even help with your future decision - buy a Medium (for two temperature cooks), go with another Large (tools are interchangeable), or plurge for an XL (the grilling space is so awesome for bigger gatherings).

Welcom an njoy the journey!
    ·
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 1,970
    The best thank you you can give is to return the favor to others.
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,022
    There is so much to learn from the people of the BGE community, I am thankful for all the ideas and help I received from this website. The knowledge obtainable here has saved me from failure so far. So thanks fellow Eggers! It's an absolute pleasure to share ideas, recipes, and of course jokes.

·
  • ccpoulin1ccpoulin1 Posts: 389

lousubcap,

very true!  success is the pile of failures you stand on top of.  The trials an tribulations of others are helping me be a better "egger".  I learn an enormous amount from people both seasoned and newbies here, and it narrows my chances for an inadequate Q!  Again thanks to all for your input, my wife and neighbors appreciate it!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

·
  • bookswbooksw Posts: 234
    I am also a sponge- this site and all of you-  experienced eggers AND the inexperienced newbies, have been invaluable.  My family and friends thank you for helping me  :)
    Charleston, SC
    ·