Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Meatloaf w/ pics

ajridge35ajridge35 Posts: 57
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

I always see people post what they smoke and everyone talks about it, and keep thinking "I should start taking pictures and posting!" Well this time I finally got to it. Not quite  a step by step, but still the important pics are here. This was my second smoked meatloaf, and I was pretty pleased with this one. Pioneer woman really helped me out, and I don't care if my man card is taken for using her recipes. Only difference is I stuffed it with pepper jack cheese and wrapped it in a glorious bacon blanket. Tell me what you guys think and let me know if you have questions! Sorry if the pics don't work or if they're too massive.

·

Comments

• thetrimthetrim Posts: 1,124
    Very nice hunk of smoked meat ya got there AJ
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14
    Tampa Bay, FL
    ·
  • Rick1Rick1 Posts: 77
    I think you can keep your man card. That looks real good.
    ·
  • EllisEllis Posts: 193
    Who did the basket weave with the bacon, looks like more looks like a work of art. 

·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,869
    Is...is that lady Gaga with a meat dress?!  Oh, it's actually a delicious meatloaf!

·
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    Ok how long and what temp? I have to do this for the wife. She loves bacon and even bought bacon soda. We still haven't tried it yet. I need to learn how to bacon weave lol.
    ·
  • EggucatedEggucated Posts: 212
    How to do a Bacon Weave video.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
    ·
  • Jai-BoJai-Bo Posts: 334
    Holy cow!!!!!!!!!   I love it!!!!  I also like your avatar 
    ajridge35 !!!!!
    Hunting-Fishing-Cookin' on my EGG! Nothing else compares!
    ·
  • AleBrewerAleBrewer Posts: 555
    Meatloaf wrapped in bacon.....what can be bad about that?
    ·
  • BrownieBrownie Posts: 1,023
    Nice looking loaf. Try your next one without the bacon for a crust like no oven could produce. I've done it both ways (but with less bacon) and prefer without. Thanks for sharing! BTW Next time make two...... Who doesn"t love meatloaf sammies the days to follow.
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 259
    Brownie is all over this one with 2 meatloafs....i had leftovers here at work y-day and i sensed a calvary charge coming from my co-workers wanting to take the bounty....the bacon wrap takes the loaf to a new dimension....who said comfort food can't be a work of art!

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37

@eggucated Thanks. I'm going to try this next week.

·
  • ajridge35ajridge35 Posts: 57

@ blaccjack: I had it in the egg for about 3-4 hours, at 250* to 300* dome temp. I didn't check the temp, but after the 3-4 hr time frame I sliced a small part of the end off to make sure it was done.

Thanks all for the comments; it was nothing short of amazing! With plenty of leftovers I will be sure to try the sandwiches.

·