Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

to inject or not to inject...

Options
Mole351
Mole351 Posts: 110
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
that is the question.

been watching BBQ Pitmasters and they all injected (except the winner...coincidence?).  I know they're pressed for time so have to use some "tricks" given their time constraints, but for the most part, can one really tell that much of a difference by injecting?  depend on what it is?

i haven't done it...debating getting an injector though.

Comments

• ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    You just opened a can of worms. I've never injected but others do. To each their own.
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Options
    I have two injectors and after injecting several pork shoulders over the last couple of years, I can honestly say I will never inject another one.  Just can't see ANY difference between the butts that were injected and the ones that weren't.

I'm sure others will weigh in with different opinions, just like foiling or not foiling.  That's what makes Q so much fun.  Different people get different results with same methods.