Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Hole diameter and position?

RajunCajunRajunCajun Posts: 195
edited July 2012 in EGG Table Forum

Morning Ladies and Gents,

I am finally getting around to building my new egg table that will be made from a combination of old sinker pecky cypress as well as some new cypress.

Does anyone have the plans for the original BGE large table (which I own)?  I am trying to get the (a) hole diameter size and (b) its relative position.

Keep eggin....

Thanks folks,

Rajuncaun

·

Comments

• RajunCajunRajunCajun Posts: 195

Yes...thanks.  I was hoping the diagram would also have the hole center relative to the end of the table.  I have the large BGE table already and I am using it as a guide to position my large egg in the new table...so looking for hole diameter, which is included here, as well as the x and y position of the hole.  I am going to do a granite inlay on the bottom shelf underneath the egg....so I need the x,y center for that as well.

Thanks

·
  • twlangantwlangan Posts: 293
    I centered mine in my table. Some prefer it off to one side. That is a personal choice. I laid my dome on the table and drew around it and simply cut it out with a jigsaw. By the time you get the lower table that the Egg sits on at the right height, the hole is the perfect size for the Egg.
    ·
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 14,256
    21" hole, pick your center on the top.  The center on the bottom will be the same fraction or ratio transposed to the dimension of the bottom shelf.

I built a pecky cypress table....actually made two of them.  Lots of work, but came out beautiful.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1140407/my-home-made-egg-table-pecky-cypress/p1

·
    Oh, yeah, geaux Tigers!

·

Yes, your table came out very nice.  Working on my table as we speak....since the rain is keeping me indoors.  Working with the sinker cypress is such a joy...the stuff is so stable.  Although I do not have enough for the entire cabinet, so mine is mixed between rough cut and sinker.

Thanks for the tip.

·
    I don't have any sinker, wish I did.  I picked up about 300 board feet of reclaimed pecky cypress from a guy off craigs list...most of it was de-nailed resawn and planed.  About to head out to the shop to work on two giant pecky cypress bookshelves.

Anyway, post some pics, I don't see many pecky cypress egg tables out there.

·

Will do...and shhhhh....don't let too many people in on the BGE secret...then everyone here in Cajun Country will have one.

Just kidding!!  One of the best toy investments I ever made.  Have had it now going on 12yrs and love it.

·