Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Almost bought a mini

AleBrewer
AleBrewer Posts: 555
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I was out doing some shopping when I happened to spot a Big Green Egg banner at the entrance to a shopping plaza. (I am about 1500 miles from home)

I stopped in to see if they had both a mini and a small. I really need to see both side by side before I make up my mind. They did not have a small in stock, but I did get a good look at a mini.

I want something I can use at home in conjunction with my large. I think it would be nice to be able to have the ability to cook at different temps if so desired. I do have a Weber kettle, a home built UDS, and a gasser that I can always use....but hey, nothing is quite the Egg!

I also want something I can take on the road with me. I have to work away from home for months at a time. I'm in a hotel at the moment, but am seriously considering a travel trailer for future jobs.

I'm thinking the small might  be a better option for me. I want the ability to do low and slow and direct. The mini has no platesetter, but I am aware that people use a pizza stone and a rack from CGS to achieve indirect.

But the mini is just so cute looking, and it seems like it'd be a whole lot easier to travel with.....

Decisions....decisions

Comments