Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's everyone cooking this weekend?

Options
Rubmyrock
Rubmyrock Posts: 266
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
For me it's a Big Green weekend poolside with cold beer and copious amounts of meat. Tonight it's wings. Tomorrow Ribs and not pictured Sunday is smoked turkey breast with the best damn marinated carrots on planet earth. Have a great weekend friends.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Options
    I love the key lime pie there. It is awesome

How do you do your carrots?

And to answer I am doing a couple Boston butts tonight for pulled pork tomorrow
    Boom
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options
    Doing a butt tonight, see 9.75lb thread. Beer looks refreshing. Think I will go get some.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    Options
    Pizza Pie!  -- Saturday night.
    Probably a flanks steak on Sunday.  I've been craving one for a few days now...

Packerland, Wisconsin

• Northarrow
    Northarrow Posts: 103
    Options
    Going to try my first New England Baked Beans. Slo & Long
    Kennebunk, Maine
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I think I'm gonna go with pizza.  New gasket seems to be impervious to heat so far.
    Options
    Rubmyrock (it was weird typing that) I loved your post- sounds like a great weekend!  We got a call from friends last night who live a ways away that they would be in town today and I impulsively invited them over for dinner.  I had to work all day today and just got home 30 minutes ago.  So, last night I pulled some chicken wings out of the freezer and put them in the fridge in a bag or marinade and as soon as I came home today I lit the egg, set it up for indirect raised grid, put the wings on and closed the egg.  Now I am having a brew (Ranger IPA) before I clean up the kitchen and prep the rest of the grub.  The wings were still a bit frosty, the egg is stopping at about 325 wide open (even though I got it up to 600 before I added the set up), and my company will be here in 45 minutes.  With the Big Green Egg, I am so less worried about all this than I used to be with my Brinkman (and Weber before that)!  I guess the IPA  helps with the worry too...
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Rubmyrock (it was weird typing that) I loved your post- sounds like a great weekend!  We got a call from friends last night who live a ways away that they would be in town today and I impulsively invited them over for dinner.  I had to work all day today and just got home 30 minutes ago.  So, last night I pulled some chicken wings out of the freezer and put them in the fridge in a bag or marinade and as soon as I came home today I lit the egg, set it up for indirect raised grid, put the wings on and closed the egg.  Now I am having a brew (Ranger IPA) before I clean up the kitchen and prep the rest of the grub.  The wings were still a bit frosty, the egg is stopping at about 325 wide open (even though I got it up to 600 before I added the set up), and my company will be here in 45 minutes.  With the Big Green Egg, I am so less worried about all this than I used to be with my Brinkman (and Weber before that)!  I guess the IPA  helps with the worry too...

I'm with you on everything except IPA. Not my taste ha.
    Now some Sam Adams his the spot. Seem to have something for any weather or situation for me.
    Boom
  • booksw
    booksw Posts: 470
    Options
    Now some Sam Adams his the spot. Seem to have something for any weather or situation for me.
    I guess that's the difference between Columbia and Charleston  b-(
    Charleston, SC

L/MiniMax Eggs
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I guess that's the difference between Columbia and Charleston  b-(

Haha. I have buddies who love a good IPA. I don't think my taste buds are developed enough to appreciate. I don't like Sierra Nevada either and people seem to love it.
    So I'll assume I'm defective, not everyone else ha
    Boom
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    I just picked up a rack of St. Louis style spare ribs and a bottle of Woodford Reserve. Going to be a good day tomorrow. Bourbon and BBQ, nothing better. Going to do my best to beat the heat.
  • ncbbq
    Options
    I love IPA's too but I know they aren't for everybody so I wouldn't worry too much. They are one of those things that you either love or hate, no real in between.
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Options
    I will be cooking some campfire chili, and who knows what else.  Next weekend is bb ribs

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    I will be cooking some campfire chili, and who knows what else.  Next weekend is bb ribs
    That's how you can spot a true egghead........when they already know a week in advance what they will be grilling!  I love it!
    :-bd
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    Live from balmy Belmont NC. Here we go gentlemen. With the assistance of my little girl. Pedestrian cold beer tonight matched with the wings. Tomorrow night's poolside menu includes St Louis Ribs paired with Glenfiddich. Sunday smoked turkey, dirty rice and carrots. Even my little girl loves cooking with me!!!!

• Rubmyrock
    Options
    That's how you can spot a true egghead........when they already know a week in advance what they will be grilling!  I love it!
    :-bd
    + 1

• FanOfFanboys
    Options
    Woodford is some of my favorite bourbon. Good stuff.
    Boom
  • ncbbq
    Options
    Having a glass now even though my egging got rained out tonight. I know the egg doesn't mind the rain but the egger wasn't in the mood for it. The Woodford tastes just as good either way.
  • VanDawg38
    VanDawg38 Posts: 69
    Options
    I've had my egg less than three weeks now.  So far I've done bone-in chicken breasts, chicken tenders, burgers, rib-eye's, halibut, rock fish, assorted vegetables, and baby backs for the 4th.

Just threw a couple butts on for my first over night cook.  The egg was rock steady for four hours while doing the ribs, so I expect things to go well.

My teen age boys think everything tastes better off the egg, and I agree.
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    This website is awesome...... Glad to be a part of it.. Tossed a couple cherry chunks on adding to the aroma and wings are half way through a one hour cook. Looking good and I'm on beer number five...

• michigan_jason
    Options
    nice looking wings rock..

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• ncbbq
    Options
  • Rubmyrock
    Options
    Hey, smooth sailing now but a huge rookie mistake ruined my gasket. Dripping from the last butt cook on the plate setter took forever to burn off and the top side had black bubbles smoldering. When I tried to flip plate setter it burned my gasket completely into in three places. Live and learn... Lol
  • michigan_jason
    Options
    no one needs one of those anyway... i have been without for a while, doing a low and slow butt tonight gasket-less, we will see exactly how needed one is for sure tonight.

• Eller
    Eller Posts: 56
    Options
    Rock, enjoy those wings. They look delish. It's great to see your daughter enjoying your cook. That some great bonding. Take it easy.
  • FanOfFanboys
    Options
    I am doing my 2nd low and slow tonight and I lost my gasket after 3rd cook ever. So far not needed. No leaking heat or smoke.
    Boom
  • ncbbq
    Options
    FYI, I already fried my gasket in the 2 months I've had my egg. I emailed the mothership and they sent me a high heat nomex one free of charge. So if you choose not to go without gasket, they will hook you up. I have definitely been pleased with the customer service.

Enjoy those wings.
  • Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    Nothing... :(  Gasket is toast, and I can't get a replacement until Wednesday...

On the bright side, I still have about eight pounds of Lexington style BBQ from the 4th that I'm still working my way through....