Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

photos lie

fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,665
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
the cook started out good, tuna marinating, dipping sauce ready to go. go get the lump, nothing but crumbs in the bottom of the bag. open small egg, weres the grid, well thats not going to work. put the lump in and it never gor to searing temps with what i had, figure gang it on skewers and sear, took way too long to get any color. on the cutting board with some dipping sauce it looked great
:))pic says its great, pic dont show its dry as a bone
:D theres always next time. store bought crab stuffed shrooms were way better and the dog got some egged chops

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    The pic does look delicious, and kudos for cooking in a way I hadn't seen on the Egg.  There is always next time.

Did you ever find your grid?
  • Improvise, adapt, and overcome!  Great Job! Sorry the tuna come out dry.

• fishlessman
    never found the grid, either i hid it real good or a neighbor kid fishing on the dock used it as a frisbee
    :))that small needed a new grid to go with the new base and firebox anyways, new lump greate a s well.
    fukahwee maine

• FxLynch
    FxLynch Posts: 433
    Ah yes, gotta love it when things grow legs and just walk away lol
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273

Great way to cook - never seen that before.

If you can find it - jab a couple of pencil size pieces of sugar cane into that tuna before you sear it.   Really creates a wonderful flavor profile.

Cookin in Texas
  • Great way to cook - never seen that before.

If you can find it - jab a couple of pencil size pieces of sugar cane into that tuna before you sear it.   Really creates a wonderful flavor profile.

noted. will definitley try that one.

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023

I have seen the sugar cane used for shrimp as well. Sounds delish!
  • fishlessman

ill have to see if i can find it at one of the asian shops. by the end of the summer i might be able to harvest some lemon grass i have growing out on the deck. this one was marinaded in fish sauce cilantro, garlic, and lime, a little pepper and sugar added. wish i had enough lump to get things hot enough, next time
    fukahwee maine