Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Shrimp on my LBGE

Options
tactical_66
tactical_66 Posts: 207
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking shrimp on my LBGE tonight. A few lagers while the egg gets to temp.

Comments

• allitnils
    allitnils Posts: 109
    Options
    mm.. Shrimp on the barbie!! No worries mate! ;)
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    What about those Moreton (sp?) Bay Bugs??? 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • tactical_66
    Options
    Making grits to go along with the shrimp. Real grits and not instant
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @tactical_66-my above comment was based on the fact that allitnils lives in Australia-now back here shrimp and grits is one of my favorite restaurant meals. It will be all good!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MeatHunx
    MeatHunx Posts: 16
    Options
    Right on! Here's a great spicy shrimp recipe I made the other night!

http://www.meathunx.com/2012/05/spicy-grilled-shrampz.html

Good luck!
  • tactical_66
    Options
    No worries. I tried to get a picture on the egg, but my daughter took all the shrimp off.
    @MeatHunx looking good.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
  • allitnils
    Options
    What about those Moreton (sp?) Bay Bugs??? 
    Moreton bay bugs: amazing!
    They would go brilliantly on the egg.. (if you can ensure they won't overcook..) :D
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @ allitnils-with the territory comes the challenge-and I'm sure you are more than up to it. They are great in a restaurant -can't imagine how much better with the BGE. 
  • allitnils
    Options
    @ allitnils-with the territory comes the challenge-and I'm sure you are more than up to it. They are great in a restaurant -can't imagine how much better with the BGE. 
    They're also very expensive, at around $40 each..... 
    So perhaps they're best left for festive occasions.... .. or at the very least until I know what I'm doing, egg-wise..! :P
  • lousubcap
    Options
    They're also very expensive, at around $40 each..... 
    So perhaps they're best left for festive occasions.... .. or at the very least until I know what I'm doing, egg-wise..! :P
    Dang-I woulda dropped this had I known that-last time I had 'em was 1995 and they were quite reasonable $$ wise for the taste and experience (as I recall)-mind you it was Darwin and one of those "once in a lifetime opportunities" so please excuse my dated references.