Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn "emergency"

Options
flachick
flachick Posts: 40
edited July 2012 in Vegetables
I'm about 1 1/2 hours away from pulling off my ribs which are cooking at 250. Without thinking earlier, I husked, buttered, seasoned, and foiled my corn on the cob. Dumb, I know, but I was on automatic. Should I go ahead and put them on now? It would be nice to have all our food on the plate, hot, at the same time.

Comments

• Elde
    Elde Posts: 148
    Options
    Yeah, I would go ahead and put them on about an hour shy of the ribs being done.  Test one when you pull the ribs and if needed the others can continue to cook while the ribs rest.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Should finish up in an hour.   When the ribs come off, test one of the ears.   If not cooked enough, put them back, open your vent a bit to heat things up to 300 - 350 for another few minutes.   Ribs can rest for a few minutes till corn finishes up.

At 350 - I would do corn for 30 minutes - start to finish.  You should be fine.

Cookin in Texas
  • flachick
    flachick Posts: 40
    Options
    Thank you both. The corn is done. It appears that today is one of those days where the ribs don't want to finish cooking anywhere near the time they should. It's all good. We'll eat tasty EGG food when it's ready.