Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How to Cook Minute Steaks

Mike R
Mike R Posts: 4
edited July 2012 in Beef
Has anyone cooked minute steaks on the Egg?

Comments

• I don't usually by them but I often pound out steaks for steak on a bun or salads. Just season and grill at 400* or so for a minute. That came out badly...sorry 
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I haven't.  But I would think that a super thin steak would cook so fast that it wouldn't really pick up much flavor and smoke from a wood fire in a minute or two.  Unless you already have something else to cook, that's a lot of work to fire up the egg for.  Maybe a super-hot cast iron skillet on the stove would be more practical - dry the steaks, oil and season and try to get a Maillard reaction with brute force.
    i think they are different depending were you live, used to pan fry steakums, terrible. these were thin sliced steaks from an eyeround, tyson was selling the whole eyerounds sliced a little thinner than 1/4 inch slices. i used a bulgoki recipe marinade on them and a crying tiger sauce, high heat, less than a minute

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mike R
    Mike R Posts: 4
    Thanks guys, that sure helps.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,664
    you dont have to buy cheap minute steak to make a minute steak, these were ribeye, and they were killer good

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it