Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wicked Good coming to Wake Forest, NC (Maybe)

Options
ncbbq
ncbbq Posts: 257
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
To all the Raleigh/Wake Forest NC area eggers:

Someone posted a 15% off promo code to the Ace website the other day and suggested ordering Wicked Good from the Ace website and have it shipped to your store for free. Since this was such a great idea I made my order and had it shipped to my nearest Ace which is in Wake Forest, NC at the Gateway Commons Shopping Center. It arrived yesterday so I went to pick it up. As the gentleman at Ace was loading it in my car he said that this is some good stuff and that he once ordered some direct from Wicked Good and it went fast but he didn't order more because it was a hassle. He also said that prior to my order arriving he did not know that Ace was now distributing this for the stores to order. Now that he knows he said he may be carrying it in the future. I told him if I like it (have never tried it, only heard about it here) I will definitely return to buy from him.

If you live in the Raleigh/Wake Forest, NC area and are interested in Wicked Good charcoal I would call Ace in Wake Forest and express your interest. I am sure the more customer interest he has the more willing he would be to start carrying it.

Comments

• pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    how much did you pay for what size bag??

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    The Ace Hardware at Brennan Station (Strickland and Creedmoor) has had WGC in the past year.  I haven't been in since then, though.  It seemed to move....

The Naked Whiz
  • ncbbq
    ncbbq Posts: 257
    Options
    Thanks for the head's up Naked Whiz.

pasoegg,

I paid $57.13 for 3 22 lb bags which is like 87 cents a lb. Considering Royal Oak at Walmart runs about 80 cents a lb I figure it was a pretty good deal. Keep in mind that was including a 15% promotional discount. I have no idea what price they will sell it for if they decide to carry it in the store.
  • calracefan
    calracefan Posts: 606
    Options
    Had virtually the same experience with the local ACE,ordered from website last week Tuesday stopped in store the manager said since I had ordered it he would order some and keep in stock. $19.99 for a 22lb. bag
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    I had just checked at a ACE store in Clemmons, NC and they were $20.99 for a 22lb bag.  If i can find a promo discount, I think I am in on some.  All I have ever used is BGE and 1 small bag of RO.  Had a lot of small pieces in this last bag which clogged up the air flow holes.  What do I do with all these small pieces to not throw them away???

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Options
    pasoegg, throw them away :))

The Naked Whiz
  • Logger
    Logger Posts: 309
    Options
    +1 for the Whiz's comment.
    OKC area  XL - Medium Eggs