Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

XL BGE 4 sale in Hollywood Hills

Options
Rich_ie
Rich_ie Posts: 268
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum

Comments

• Golfanatic
    Golfanatic Posts: 33
    Options
    Bad deal. At Ace hardware here in GA they have the XL egg, nest, bag o lump, grate gripper, and ash tool for $1099. That seems over priced...even for LA
  • blaccjack
    blaccjack Posts: 37
    Options
    Agreed since I just paid $1700 for the XLBGE, Table, Ash Tool, plate setter and Cover. Can't wait til fri to get my egg!! I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.
  • Rich_ie
    Options
    Congrats Blaccjack. Welcome to the forum! 
  • SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    Options
  • SmoothSmoke
    SmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    Options
    Bad deal. At Ace hardware here in GA they have the XL egg, nest, bag o lump, grate gripper, and ash tool for $1099. That seems over priced...even for LA
    Is that the same price nation wide? 
  • blaccjack
    blaccjack Posts: 37
    Options
    Yea out here in LA, every store had the XL priced at $1199 I end up finding it for $959. Thanks Rich
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Prices are regional.

I am not sure the price of an XL, but the price difference from TX price and CA price on a medium was $100.  I know this because the store I bought mine at quoted me incorrectly.  I was quoted at $599 and then they said "oops it is actually $699, Jon was looking at midwest prices", they gave me 10% off my order and it came out in the wash. 

I would *not* pay that much for an XL even with the accessories.. that is too close to store price and without a warranty!!  Not worth it.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKER
    SMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,668
    Options

Old model XL.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• Rich_ie
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Good point Smitty. I didn't see a split in the fire box. 
  • allitnils
    allitnils Posts: 109
    Options
    Wow..
    What sucks is the fact that I paid $1800 .... For my large!!
    And that's without any accessories. :P
    Joys of living in Australia.. I wonder if my warranty is even still valid since they don't import them anymore.
  • Howdy_Doody
    Howdy_Doody Posts: 168
    Options
    Wow..
    Joys of living in Australia.. I wonder if my warranty is even still valid since they don't import them anymore.
    Yeah, but have you seen how much boomerangs cost here?  It all evens out.
    Dripping Springs, Texas
  • bstang2005
    Options
    Im in the So Cal area (IE) and I'm looking to buy my first egg. I have looked around and prices vary but seem high. Does anyone have recommended dealers in the Southern California area? Sounds like blaccjack recived a good deal on his package.
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options
    Good one, Howdy- Doody. This is the best read around.
  • Rich_ie
    edited July 2012
    Options
    @ Bstang Get one from an Egg fest if you can. Only used once and by someone that knows how to use, and take care of them. That will be where I get my next one from. They only demo XL and L Eggs. Good luck!  ;)     
    Here is the link:   http://www.winecountryeggs.com/images/Demo_Egg_Pricing_2012.pdf
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    Options
    Wow..
    Yeah, but have you seen how much boomerangs cost here?  It all evens out.
    Haha .... Boomerangs.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93