Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

leftover pulled pork recipes please

uncledaveuncledave Posts: 87
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have some leftover pulled pork. Would like some ideas for lunches. 17 hrs on the xl at 225 grid. totally awesome.
·

Comments

• lousubcaplousubcap Posts: 6,635

At the risk of the obvious-what about more PP sammiches...good once, great the second time around.  Another option-tacos-just use it wherever you think it would taste good and it will exceed that expectation! Happy B'day USA!

Louisville   L & S BGEs 
    ·
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186

Pulled pork sliders,sandwiches.armadillo eggs..Jalapeno stuffed with pulled pork,cheese ,wrapped in bacon.

pulled pork and shrimp pot stickers.Burritos..it goes on and on.Your imagination is your only limit.

·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    Pulled pork nachos! 
    ·
  • BoilereggerBoileregger Posts: 331
    I 100% agree with Rich, pulled pork nachos are AWESOME!!
    ·
  • reh111reh111 Posts: 161
    Pulled pork tacos - soft shell tortillas - the pork, heated up, BBQ sauce on it - cole slaw on top of the pork - wrapped up like a fajita - good stuff!!!
    ·
  • It works great in things like Chili Verde, Green Chili Stew, and Posole.
    ·
  • EggbertsdadEggbertsdad Posts: 794
    Make a stir fry with it. 
    Sarasota, FL via Boynton Beach, FL, via Sarasota, FL, via Charleston, SC, via The Outer Banks, via God's Country (East TN on Ft. Loudon Lake)
    ·
  • want2yakwant2yak Posts: 3
    My favorite is pulled pork salad
    ·
  • pswarrenpswarren Posts: 92
    I would try it in a bacon explosion.
    ·
  • cortguitarmancortguitarman Posts: 2,024
    Pulled pork pizza is fantastic! Use your favorite BBQ sauce instead of pizza sauce.
    Mark Annville, PA
    ·
  • gerhardkgerhardk Posts: 821
    How about a sundae. Get a container appropriate for a sundae, put a bit of pulled pork in the bottom, top with mashed potato, more pulled pork and then some BBQ sauce. Pretty much everyone loves this.

Gerhard
    ·
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,300
    Pizzas quesadilla nachoes innards of a fatty tacos... I asked this same question when I did my first butt. Possibilities are endless.

XLBGE 
    ·
  • hoffmandhoffmand Posts: 104
    Pulled pork reheated with some sauce on top of baked potatoes. Cheese, sour cream, butter if you want. Had this for dinner tonight.
    Cedar Park, TX
    ·