Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for September? We’re ready as ever for football season! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. Either way they’re sure to become a fan favorite! We couldn’t forget about Labor Day...we have recipes and cook out ideas to celebrate the long weekend no matter what you’re doing. And lastly, be sure to cook up a batch (or five) of bacon for National Bacon Day! We can’t wait to fall into cooler weather with you!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Happy 4th what ya cooking?

hopkinsusmc87hopkinsusmc87 Posts: 246
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Happy 4th everyone. I want to say thank you to everyone who has served in the military and who are still serving to support and defend our freedom. I also want to say thank you to everyone who supports our military because our troops need you. Enjoy your day. Today it's Boston Butt! Heck yea. Simple rub and the grill is set at 250. I'll post pictures later.

Comments

• tgklemantgkleman Posts: 206

Chicken wings - Jerk and Teryaki

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 1,486
    Wings, ribs, burgers and dogs- going to be long day on the grill

Happy Independence Day everyone!

Thoughts and prayers for our service men away during the holidays-

Greensboro, NC
  • Very simple today....smoked boudain....grill set about 250 for a couple of hours....apple wood and hickory.  Oh yeah, for libations it is plenty of cajun beer and the occasional sip of some good anejo tequila.

Indeed God bless our troops and Happy 4th to all who believe in freedom!

Chunky
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and PhotosFirst stage is set, now comes the easy part! Chilling and having a beer (well after breakfast).
  • Chunky that sounds great! I do love me some Cajun cooking. Good eats
  • BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 918
    Have a great 4th everyone. God Bless America and God Bless and protect our military where ever they are serving  . Going to do some chicken on the Egg today, haven't done any for a while and it is an easy cook.

Alexander City,Al
  • GreenhawKGreenhawK Posts: 398
    I got a burner and a big stainless steel pot for fathers day that I haven't gotten to use yet, so I am going to fire it up.  going to boil some shrimp, sausage, corn, and new potatoes.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • I got a burner and a big stainless steel pot for fathers day that I haven't gotten to use yet, so I am going to fire it up.  going to boil some shrimp, sausage, corn, and new potatoes.
    We call that Buford Stew. Sounds great!

• BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 918
    I got a burner and a big stainless steel pot for fathers day that I haven't gotten to use yet, so I am going to fire it up.  going to boil some shrimp, sausage, corn, and new potatoes.

We call that Buford Stew. Sounds great!

We call that a low country boil....and it is a great meal!!

Alexander City,Al
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 206

Happy 4th everyone! 

Will be tossing a couple racks of baby backs on in a few hours,

• Baby back ribs, meaty beef ribs, lamb ribs!  Oh, and some slaw or something...  Happy Independence Day!
    Lovin' my Large Egg since May 2012 (Richmond, VA) ... and makin' cookbooks at http://familycookbookproject.com
    Stoker II wifi, Thermapen, and a Fork for plating photo purposes
  • Baby back ribs, meaty beef ribs, lamb ribs!  Oh, and some slaw or something...  Happy Independence Day!
    how are lamb ribs? I've never ventured into lamb.

• nemonemo Posts: 105
    Pair of St. Louis ribs...a taste comparison...one with Texas BBQ rub, the other with a home made Memphis dry rub. Both should be excellent.
    Fairview, Texas
  • Happy 4th everyone! Doing a turkey breast and a meat loaf...both for the 1st time..still new to the BGE but looking forward to both!
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Bringing pork butts to my family's 4th celebration.  Been working on them all night, with the help from you all of course!
  • Bringing pork butts to my family's 4th celebration.  Been working on them all night, with the help from you all of course!
    Lizzie how is it looking? You take any pix? I'm sure the family will love it.

• Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
     I cooked 7 slabs of Memphis style Rendezvous ribs yesterday on the XL and toward the end of the cook I fired up the large and cooked 4 whole chickens. Toward the end of that, I fired up the small and cooked 5 pounds of baked beans with two pounds of pulled pork in em. I was one tired puppy by the end of the day. So today, Im relaxing and eating burgers off my brothers grill!
  •  I cooked 7 slabs of Memphis style Rendezvous ribs yesterday on the XL and toward the end of the cook I fired up the large and cooked 4 whole chickens. Toward the end of that, I fired up the small and cooked 5 pounds of baked beans with two pounds of pulled pork in em. I was one tired puppy by the end of the day. So today, Im relaxing and eating burgers off my brothers grill!
    WOW that is impressive. I'm sure that was a great party.
    =D>
  • LizzieSampsLizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Wow, that sounds incredible Rolling Egg!  Now I have something to aspire too.  

Hop - yup I posted a few picks on my LONG thread.  I don't want to take this thread over , but you can see them over there.

Meatloaf , that is on the menu for this week I believe!
  • Wow, that sounds incredible Rolling Egg!  Now I have something to aspire too.  

Hop - yup I posted a few picks on my LONG thread.  I don't want to take this thread over , but you can see them over there.

Meatloaf , that is on the menu for this week I believe!
    Ok super I'll check it out.
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
     I cooked 7 slabs of Memphis style Rendezvous ribs yesterday on the XL and toward the end of the cook I fired up the large and cooked 4 whole chickens. Toward the end of that, I fired up the small and cooked 5 pounds of baked beans with two pounds of pulled pork in em. I was one tired puppy by the end of the day. So today, Im relaxing and eating burgers off my brothers grill!

=D>

Great party indeed! Fed 5 familys.
  •  I cooked 7 slabs of Memphis style Rendezvous ribs yesterday on the XL and toward the end of the cook I fired up the large and cooked 4 whole chickens. Toward the end of that, I fired up the small and cooked 5 pounds of baked beans with two pounds of pulled pork in em. I was one tired puppy by the end of the day. So today, Im relaxing and eating burgers off my brothers grill!

=D>

Great party indeed! Fed 5 familys.
    That is great! I love gatherings like that. I'm sure you loved cooking for them. Great job.
  • brian4206brian4206 Posts: 19
    Babybacks rubbed with Dizzy Dust then finished with Sweet Baby Rays. Putting them on in a couple hours.
  • doubledouble Posts: 1,214
    About 30lb of ribs and about 3lbs of stuffed calamari
    Lynnwood WA
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos looking good! Boy all of ya are making me hungry. It's going to be a great 4 th.
  • GaryLangeGaryLange Posts: 284
    I have four slabs of ribs going on in just a bit. I can't imagine doing 30lbs of ribs unless I had a couple more Large Eggs.
  • dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,008
    Happy 4th!!!!  Just about to fire up to do 4 racks of Carwash Mike's baby back ribs, ABTs, and corn salad.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    edited July 2012
    Just me and my wife.  One rack of baby backs (Salt Lick rub and Bone Suckin Sauce glaze), corn, and pinto banes.  Watermelon for dessert.  It don't get mo Uhmurican than that.  :) :-c
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
  • MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,341
    3 racks of st Louis style gonna roll a fatty here in a min.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE