Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Which Pizza stone should I get?

GolfanaticGolfanatic Posts: 33
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I saw this deal at Target for their house brand Chefmate 3 piece set. For $30 you get 16" pizza stone, foldable spatula, and a pizza cutter. Does it really matter or is a ceramic pizza stone a ceramic pizza stone?
·

Comments

• Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    edited July 2012
    Look and see what temp its rated at. If its only 500 I would pass on it. I have an XL BGE pizza stone and I love it. 
    ·
  • Serial GrillerSerial Griller Posts: 1,186

It needs to be at least 1/2" thick.  Pampered Chef stones are abot 1/4" thick and they will crack on the egg.

I like BGE stones, or ceramic grill store stones.

·
  • allitnilsallitnils Posts: 109
    I'd say it's a good deal. If it cracks, so be it. At 30 quid you can't go wrong. And you'll get a pizza cutter and spatula at the end it it.
    ·
  • DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118

It needs to be at least 1/2" thick.  Pampered Chef stones are abot 1/4" thick and they will crack on the egg.

+1  thickness is one of the most important variables to consider.
    ·
  • allitnilsallitnils Posts: 109

+1  thickness is one of the most important variables to consider.
    That's what sh....

hhm..

never mind.
    ·
  • SkinnyVSkinnyV Posts: 2,707
    One of my cheapo cost plus stones cracked but still usable. @9.99 for a pair can't complain.
    Seattle, WA
    ·