Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

XL BGE 4 sale in Hollywood Hills

Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
I think is over 
:-O  priced!!  
http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/grd/3113934665.html   

Comments

• GolfanaticGolfanatic Posts: 33
    Bad deal. At Ace hardware here in GA they have the XL egg, nest, bag o lump, grate gripper, and ash tool for $1099. That seems over priced...even for LA
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    Agreed since I just paid $1700 for the XLBGE, Table, Ash Tool, plate setter and Cover. Can't wait til fri to get my egg!! I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    Congrats Blaccjack. Welcome to the forum! 
  • SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    Loco
    :-q
  • SmoothSmokeSmoothSmoke Posts: 141
    Bad deal. At Ace hardware here in GA they have the XL egg, nest, bag o lump, grate gripper, and ash tool for $1099. That seems over priced...even for LA
    Is that the same price nation wide? 
  • blaccjackblaccjack Posts: 37
    Yea out here in LA, every store had the XL priced at $1199 I end up finding it for $959. Thanks Rich
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,497
    Prices are regional.

I am not sure the price of an XL, but the price difference from TX price and CA price on a medium was $100.  I know this because the store I bought mine at quoted me incorrectly.  I was quoted at $599 and then they said "oops it is actually $699, Jon was looking at midwest prices", they gave me 10% off my order and it came out in the wash. 

I would *not* pay that much for an XL even with the accessories.. that is too close to store price and without a warranty!!  Not worth it.
  • SMITTYtheSMOKERSMITTYtheSMOKER Posts: 2,612

Old model XL.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

edited July 2012
    Good point Smitty. I didn't see a split in the fire box. 
  • allitnilsallitnils Posts: 109
    Wow..
    What sucks is the fact that I paid $1800 .... For my large!!
    And that's without any accessories. :P
    Joys of living in Australia.. I wonder if my warranty is even still valid since they don't import them anymore.
  • Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    Wow..
    Joys of living in Australia.. I wonder if my warranty is even still valid since they don't import them anymore.
    Yeah, but have you seen how much boomerangs cost here?  It all evens out.
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
  • Im in the So Cal area (IE) and I'm looking to buy my first egg. I have looked around and prices vary but seem high. Does anyone have recommended dealers in the Southern California area? Sounds like blaccjack recived a good deal on his package.
  • EllisEllis Posts: 195
    Good one, Howdy- Doody. This is the best read around.

edited July 2012
    @ Bstang Get one from an Egg fest if you can. Only used once and by someone that knows how to use, and take care of them. That will be where I get my next one from. They only demo XL and L Eggs. Good luck!  ;)     
    Here is the link:   http://www.winecountryeggs.com/images/Demo_Egg_Pricing_2012.pdf
  • Sgt93Sgt93 Posts: 704
    Wow..
    Yeah, but have you seen how much boomerangs cost here?  It all evens out.
    Haha .... Boomerangs.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A bunch of Webers - A bunch of accessories - Ceramic Grill Works 2-Tier 
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram: @SSgt93