Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wife thinks I've lost it

Comments

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
     Make sure your nuts are tight!!
    Evidently yours are on tight enough to ask the Mrs to sit in the back, and change it and then tell her.... Can you sit in front. I don't want the egg breaking if the air-bag goes off!!! 

An inspiration to men everywhere!!!!! 
    =))
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  •  Make sure your nuts are tight!!
    Evidently yours are on tight enough to ask the Mrs to sit in the back, and change it and then tell her.... Can you sit in front. I don't want the egg breaking if the air-bag goes off!!! 

An inspiration to men everywhere!!!!! 
    =))
    No lie. Pure greatness
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • probe1957
    probe1957 Posts: 222
    OP, your Egg in the front seat and your wife in the back seat.  Personally it seems to me that your priorities are spot on.  ;)
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    This is awesome has totally eggsploded! I will be posing pics as the journey unfolds.

Got a shopping list for ribs and a fatty soon as I get off work! Gonna let paps handle chicken. He's pumped the egg is coming. He already knows its superior. I don't think the brinkman even has nuts!!

XLBGE 
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I literally have tears coming down from my eyes right now I am laughing so hard! Something about that pic with it in the fron seat just makes me smile! Good work. I do have to say though, a pic with her in the backseat would have been classic!

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• MrCookingNurse
    Heading to paps! Driving slower than when we brought my daughter home from hospital!

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

XLBGE 
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    LOL Thats a great pix!!  =))
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    The egg always gets shotgun! Wife should be in the back to stabilize the egg incase of an emergency stop or a swerve to avoid a crash.
  • MrCookingNurse
    O y'all dont even know. My wife was scared the egg would roll over and squish our 5 month old in her car seat so my mother in law came and got her this morning. Wife threatened to Drive separate just from Being mad I had it in the front to begin with. She finally gave in. I stood my ground!

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Boom!

XLBGE 
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Dude.. Thats the best! Great post.
  • Boom!

Did that just blow your mind? cuz it just happened! Shake and bake!
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Where are the jalapeños for the ABT's, I guessing that is what the bacon and breakfast sausage is for......
  • MrCookingNurse
    edited July 2012
    Set up an ready to go! Fire starts at 8 am ;)

Let the throw down begin!!

FYI my father in law are best buds. I'm the "son he never had" so this is all friendly competition and enjoying good food!

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Where are the jalapeños for the ABT's, I guessing that is what the bacon and breakfast sausage is for......
    Gonna do a bacon explosion. Paps has the onions and peppers. Mom is in charge of breakfast.

XLBGE 
  • tazcrash
    Heading to paps! Driving slower than when we brought my daughter home from hospital!

Fyi, my 8 year old son loves the pics of the egg in the car, and asked when we are taking "Patty" for a drive.
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
  • MrCookingNurse
    @tazcrash
    That's so funny man

XLBGE 
  • too good for words....and  I thought that buying three eggs was pressing the issue...you are something else!!!

I bow to your your boldness!  Did you get a picture with the egg in front and your wife in the back seat?  Now that would be the picture to show your friends!!!  :)

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• LizzieSamps
    LizzieSamps Posts: 894
    Great! I agree all the way! We brought my EGG home from about 3 hrs away. I said you sit in the back and watch it, he was not so happy!
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    I am interested to see this one play out!  Good luck on the cook, though with the egg, you won't need it!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I would have enjoyed hearing the conversation between your wife and her mom as she was convincing Granny to come pick up the baby so the Egg wouldn't fall on baby in the back of the Civic.

That's really good stuff.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    I just cooked those same ribs from Kroger, they were pretty good. Seems to be a different type compared to what they normally have, very meaty they were.. I still love the pics. Make sure to take pics of the garbage cans cooking too! Lol, this is great.

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Rolling Egg
    Rolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Boom!

Looks like a load of goodies for sure! I recognize those ribs as Kroger ribs. Read the labe on them and you will see that they have been "enhanced" with a 10% solution or 12% solution or something like that. Basicly they have been brined. I have found out that you want to find ribs fresh, without the brine, to get the best product. I have cooked them side by side and the fresh ones will tender up nicer than the brined ones. Just something for you to try. I think you will notice the diff. Wal Mart does the same thing with their Tyson brand ribs. I stear clear of both stores. Enjoy the day, spanking the trash can smokers! Happy fourth!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    It has definetly been an interesting couple days :)

Ha my mother in law loves me more than she does my wife. She offered to bring te truck up and get my egg!!

The Kroger ribs are my favorite so far. I'm also in a cost effective strategy. The Tyson ones are disgusting. I do not buy meat at Walmart.

I have moved the cooking to this thread.

http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1141174/let-the-battle-begin#Item_2

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    Pap just put his chicken on. It always turns out great! Need to do some in my egg one day but I wanted better ribs than better chicken :)

XLBGE 
  • MrCookingNurse
    My contributions are looking yummy

XLBGE 
  • Dying laughing!!! This is such an awesome thread!!
  • MrCookingNurse
    Well the father in law has just accepted defeat. Had 14 ppl over and there is no bacon explosion, a couple ribs left over but almost all the chicken is left over!! Lol

XLBGE 
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Congrats. Can't say I'm surprised. Buy the man an Egg.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • tazcrash
    Also not surprised, and congrats.
    They should have expected a ringer, when you seat belt in a 100lb cooker for the road trip. Lol
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!!