Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vertigo Problem At New Forum

Citizen Q
Citizen Q Posts: 484
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody else get that uneasy dizzy feeling trying to track the leapfrogging posts over there? Don't like it, nosirree, don't like it at all.[p]

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Citizen Q,
    I was having trouble as I being an old fart usually does. There are several ways to view the site and you have to keep playing with it to see what works for ya.[p]I'm comfortable here but know we are going to have to move on when they make the change, so lets bite the bullet WHEN the time comes. LOL [p]For now I will just come here.[p]Best of Luck,
    New Bob

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Citizen Q,
    You need to try "Classic View" when you get to Club Egg. You can also specify in your profile, I think, which view you want to be your default. It looks almost like this forum looks with the threaded posts.
    TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • Citizen Q
    Citizen Q Posts: 484
    The Naked Whiz,
    Oh pissah, now I'm not authorized to view my own profile.
    I think I'll just wait it out over here with New Bob til the kinks are all worked out.[p]Cheers,
    Sean

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Citizen Q,
    There are a couple of problems with losing information when viewing the forum "classic" views becuase of some changes we made to make the links look and work more like what we are used to.
    These losses cause that "not authorized" error.
    You can usually get around it by going back to home before trying something like viewing your profile.
    We are working to fix this, and, a couple of other annoyances that we made doing the "classic" views.
    WMK

• WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Citizen Q,
    The default for the index (even in classic mode for the moment) is to order threads by time of latest post. This makes them come out in the same order as the last 25; and, keeps current threads at the top.
    On the other hand, it does have the sometimes disconcerting effect of bouncing the threads around. So, we intend to add an option to order threads as before, by time of original post, for those that would prefer it. May even make the "classic" view default this way because, to be "classic", I suppose it should.
    WMK

• StumpBaby
    StumpBaby Posts: 320
    Citizen Q,[p]I ain't knowin what I'll do yet. I been thinkin maybe I won't move over at all...but then again I ain't been thinkin right lately..on accounta the medicine an all..but maybe I will move over..but then again maybe not..did I mention the medicine..sheesh..is there a nice comfy chair over there..ooooooh..sometimes my butt hurts like you read about...not that nobodies written nuttin but my butt..I mean theres a story eh..I mean folks what write stories gotta study what they is writin bout right..and less they wanna get real close..which prolly could confuse the majeebers outta both of us..I mean it ain't like I can see outta that thing..I'd hafta swallow mine own live eyeball I spose an have it still workin when it comes out..an I figure it can't be done..course I spose I could rig some kinda mirror system up...with my dinkweed an some twine and a hanmirror was involved..but jus spose then I falled asleep when it was gonna happen..you know when I thought maybe I'd see mine own butt...but I woke in the mornin to look down an just see mine own belllybutton reflectin in the darn thing..I'd prolly think maybe my sphincta was smaller an tighter than I thought it evah was...that wouldn't be good at all..did I mention the medicine I'm on..you know it might be time for another dose...what was we talkin bout again...[p]StumpBaby
  • tach18k
    tach18k Posts: 1,607
    StumpBaby,
    sounds more like Scary Movie 3!

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Citizen Q,
    You're welcome to pull up a stool and have a cold one with me while we wait patiently for those of a higher power to put things in order. Ah, here comes the little lass now and a sweet one she is.
    What's y'all drinking?????[p]Cheers,
    New Bob

• Daddyo
    Daddyo Posts: 224
    Citizen Q,
    What Whiz said. If you don't like change, go with classic view and "wide view" combined. It will look just about the same as this board. For those who like things that look different, they have lots of options as well. Everyone will be happy once they've figured out all the features of the new board. It took me a while to get what I like, but it's all there for the gettin'.