Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza's must have been the theme this weekend!

tyenic1
tyenic1 Posts: 150
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

My first one was Canadian Bacon, pepperoni, Grn.Peppers, Onions, Blk. Olives, Mozz and Colby Jack.

Second one is a Shrimp Alfredo with some Pesto, roma tomatoes, feta Cheese, Mozz, Basil, Grn.Peppers and Grn. Olives.

Sorry about the first picture, had it half eaten before I remembered to take a pic.

Comments

• Tak
    Tak Posts: 145
    Nice Pizzas!!!,,,,,can I ask if you pre-heated your pizza stone and if you did how did you do it and for how long....thanks!!!
  • tyenic1
    yes I did preheat the pizza stone. We were have some drinks with friends and weren't in a hurry, so we just heated it on the egg after it got up to temp. I have heated in  the oven before, but we are in the middle of a kitchen remodel as well, so the egg has been our only option for the next 3 weeks, which is fine because we cook on the egg about 5 days a week anyway.
  • Tak
    Great!!!...thanks for the info....I got a Lg Egg for Father's Day from my family and I am getting all the info I can....LOL...going to give the pizza a try real soon...thanks again!!!
  • JwgreDeux
    JwgreDeux Posts: 139
    Pizza was a theme at my house as well. We did four pies:

Two of my wife's favorite, ham, pineapple, and bell pepper (pictured in top left and bottom right), one pepperoni, ham, and bell pepper (pictured bottom left), and a experiment of buffalo chicken pizza, with a little marinara sauce topped with motz and cheddar cheese, breaded chicken bits (precooked), and of course buffalo sauce (pictured top right).

here is my setup:

Plate setter legs down, then grate, then stone right on grate.  Pre-heat stone for at leat twenty minutes and settle egg temp at 600.  Put pizza on and take a peek every couple of minutes to rotate a quarter turn, once you get a full 360 degree rotation it should be done (about 9 minutes).

Here are some done:
    Hawaiian (ham, pineapple, bell pepper)

Buffalo chicken:

• Tak
    Wow!!!...they look great!!!....what dough recipe did you use?,,,,,crust looks crispy....really nice!!
  • JwgreDeux
    I cheat, and buy it at Publix bakery pre-made.  They sell a few different varieties and it is great when you decide on a whim to have pizza night!
  • Tak
    Thats great!!....we don't have Publix near me...but I have heard that Whole Food sells pizza dough...I will have to check and see....that is a great thing to have near by....crust looks really good!
  • Fliehigh
    Fliehigh Posts: 76

My first one was Canadian Bacon, pepperoni, Grn.Peppers, Onions, Blk. Olives, Mozz and Colby Jack.

Why do they call it "Canadian Bacon" it looks like ham to me eh!  :))

all the above pizza's look AWSOME!

• tyenic1

I agree Fliehigh, as a matter of fact when I was making the pizza my 3 year old asked if he could have a piece of ham. haha.

@Jwgredeux- Those pizzas look really good especially the buffalo chicken one. I will have to give that one a try next time.

• JwgreDeux

@Jwgredeux- Those pizzas look really good especially the buffalo chicken one. I will have to give that one a try next time.

It was very good.  I love spicy foods, and this pizza was great. Drizzled on a little ranch right before I ate and it is definitely one I will do again.
  • Squeezy
    Squeezy Posts: 1,102

Why do they call it "Canadian Bacon" it looks like ham to me eh!  :))

all the above pizza's look AWSOME!

Here in Canada ... we call it back bacon, because it's made from the back loin. Never understood why Americans call it Candian bacon?
    Never eat anything passed through a window unless you're a seagull ... BGE Lg.
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Made pizza for 10 for the St-Jean Baptiste for the guys as a matter a fact to show them off my new egg. Everybody loved it. 550, bought frozen dough, home made tomato sauce, mozarela di buffallo cheese, basilic, roasted garlic, oregano... 

Homemade pizza peel!
    Quebec - Canada
  • Duganboy
    Duganboy Posts: 1,118
    Man that looks great.  I bet you were a popular guy.
  • Alligator
    Alligator Posts: 35
    Hah.. i'm digging the home made pizza peel.  Looks like a road sign! :)
  • Bjorg
    Bjorg Posts: 241
    Thanks, I sure was!
    Quebec - Canada
  • I'm a new EGGhead and just cooked our first pizza last night.  It worked great!  On July 4, I'm going to attempt brisket.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  (I have been able to find a couple of forums here on cooking brisket on a BGE and they seem to be helpful.)  Wish me luck!
  • Serial Griller
    Serial Griller Posts: 1,186
    All those pies look great!