Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Best way rewarm butt

Options
TJinBham
TJinBham Posts: 24
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Did two small, 3lb butts for Mem Day. Double wrapped(triple wrapp)one just off Egg, put in icechest for 6-7 hours then in freezer. Whats best way to reheat for this Sun. Have it thawing in refrig. Thanks guys.

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    PP_040900_121004_small.jpg
    <p />TJinBham, not sure I have the answer that you are looking for butt... I have always pulled the entire BBQ before freezing the remainders. [p]To reheat, I put the proper amount in a non-sealed plastic bag and microwave it at about 30% for 5-6 minutes - turns out perfect every time - I think JJ actually came up with the idea. Good luck!

[ul][li]Gfw's BBQ[/ul]
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Options
    TJinBham,[p]I agree with GFW. The meat should have been pulled while hot and then frozen. Then you would only have the reheat the meat.[p]The whole, hot, cooked butt will still contain some gelatinous material that needs to be removed (wiped from the meat) during the pulling process. Slowly reheat the meat (tightly wrapped in foil) to an internal of 170F. Remove and pull the meat. You can do this prior to eating time and move the pulled meat to proper storage for the meal.[p]Spin

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    TJinBham, Question, what was the purpose of putting it in a ice chest for that length of time?
    I agree with the rest..pull it after a brief rest or right off the grill.. I vacuum seal mine a freeze em while hot. They be just like fresh made when unfrozen in the microwave.

• TJinBham
    TJinBham Posts: 24
    Options
    Thanks guys, as you know I'm not a newbew, but... it stayed in the box cause I had too much Memorial ..hehehe
    As always, you are good...
    I just didn't want to kill anybody?
    Thanks again.