Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

BGE Premium Nest Cover VECL versus HLVC

mhoutmanmhoutman Posts: 40
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
With my BGE Large MY 2012 I got a Premium Nest Cover ref. VECL. Yet is seems there a new model ref. HLVC. 

Any pro's or cons between both refs as I am still able to switch ?

Cheers, Michiel
Dutch EGGhead and proud owner of a Big Green Egg Mini and Large
·

Comments

• mhoutmanmhoutman Posts: 40
    edited July 2012
    No one ?
    ·
  • calracefancalracefan Posts: 498
    Not sure about your ref #, but when I bought my egg the dealer said they had changed the covers to an embroidered design rather than embossed. New ones were $20 or so higher,he felt it wasn't worth the extra expense ! He didn't seem to think the actual cover had changed , hope this is bum information and hope it helps you !
    Ova B.
    Fulton MO
    ·
    Actually the new ref seems to have a gripp to detach the cover from the egg. On photos, fitting at the top also seems better.

New cover is not available here in The Netherlands but will be in 2-3 months.
    ·
    Well perhaps somebody with the new model can share his/her experience?
    ·
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 491
    I have the newer model for the compact table. It's embroidered and has a handle on the cover. This is the only cover I've had so nothing to compare it to, but it seems heavy duty and is easy off and easy on.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

·
  • I've switched the new one and I don't like it.  the old style was better.  This new one even though it's ventilated, every time i remove the cover, there is all sorts of condensation on the grill.. my other cover, it would be completely dry.  Not a fan.  I would love to get an older style cover again.
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,588
    I've never covered....but the egg never stops.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·