Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Enough smoke or not?

Sm62577Sm62577 Posts: 28
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Why is it after about 30- 45min my smoke seems like its all gone? I know your supposed to wait until that gray smoke is gone and wait for some nice blue smoke but I can't see anything coming from the top .. It smells good but just was wondering , I usually put 2 to 3 small to med size chunks ,, When I see those BBQ Pittmasters on TV all there riggs seem to have lots of smoke coming out.. Was just curious..
·

Comments

• DIXIEDOGDIXIEDOG Posts: 109
    I use wood chips and I sprinkle them out in a spiral pattern so I get more smoke throughout the cook as the coals burn toward the outside. 

Does your food get a good smoke ring?
    ·
  • EldeElde Posts: 129
    If you can smell smoke, so can your food - all that billowing smoke is just for show.
    ·
  • Sm62577Sm62577 Posts: 28
    Yep,, I get a noticeable smoke ring on my ribs most of the time.. Do you soak your chips or chunks? I don't soak mine ...
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Does it taste smokey enough for your preference? That's what matters, right?

No soak.
    ·