Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DOH! Dog ate my Boston Butt!

NewEnglandEgger
NewEnglandEgger Posts: 104
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
14 hours on my LBGE at 225. Perfect bark for the first time.

Pulled the pork and my wife and I each had a sandwich. At the same time, my goofballl Golden Retriever Seamus decided to go counter surfing, and wolfed down +3lbs of the tenderest, juiciest, yummiest pork in 15 seconds flat!

Here is a picture of the culprit, who is now deep in a pork induced doggie-coma...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Comments

• Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    LOL Did he ask? Thats a good looking dog! 
  • ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    I hope the nutso pup didn't burn his mouth on it! Sure looks happy, though...
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    LOL, that smile says, Yea, I ate it.....Got more? 
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Wow, you're a much more patient man than I ha. I'd be pissed.
    But gives you excuse to cook another ha
    Boom
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    THAT will be a hard thing to untrain!
  • GreenhawK
    GreenhawK Posts: 398
    The dog is probably ruined now like mine.  I gave him a small piece of brisket one day after a cook, and here he is the next day while I am warming some up.image
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • misu
    misu Posts: 213
    Nice looking dogs. My newfie girl will steal anything left on the counter the second we leave the room, it's like if you leave it there that means she can have it. At her size she has no trouble reaching anywhere except inside the microwave :)

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    to funny glad we only have a maltese 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    edited June 2012
    Counter surfing   =))   =))  I know you don't think it is funny now. We had a Blue Tick hound who could rest his head on our table and if your plate was left unguarded it got scoped cleaned.  Most talented tongue ever.
    nice looking dog  
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • GreenhawK
    We are used to it.  He lays his head up on the table and leans in so hard he chokes himself sometimes.  We are planning on a tall dinner table if we can ever get this house sold and get to a new house.  He isn't to bad really.  He knows what happens to him if he takes something without permission.  He only gets food in his bowl.  Never from our plate or from the table.  I don't know if it helps or not, but it seems to.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • JohnMc
    JohnMc Posts: 76
    Daughter's lab is awful. She once put a cake in a dome on top of the refrigerator. Dog jumped on stove, stood up and ate the whole cake. Biggest problem was that dog turned on the gas while on stove and they evacuated the apartment building. She wasn't happy when she returned to find a kitchen full of firemen and a chocolate covered chocolate lab.
  • tnbarbq
    tnbarbq Posts: 248
    New meaning for perfect bark!
    Scooter 
    Mid TN. Hangin' in the 'Boro. MIM Judge
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,427
    Daughter's lab is awful. She once put a cake in a dome on top of the refrigerator. Dog jumped on stove, stood up and ate the whole cake. Biggest problem was that dog turned on the gas while on stove and they evacuated the apartment building. She wasn't happy when she returned to find a kitchen full of firemen and a chocolate covered chocolate lab.
    Thanks for the laugh!  

"I mean, I don't just kill guys, I'm notorious for doing in houseplants."  - Maggie, Northern Exposure

• MikeG
    MikeG Posts: 174

My Daughter is a hypochondriac dog mommy.   We are tending her Aussie this week and she gave us a box full of hypochondriac dog stuff and a list of what had to be given with each meal:

Canned pumpkin pie filling - spoonful with dog food for constipation

Glucosamine - joint heath ($1800 for a knee repair last year)

Rimadyl - 'nuther joint medication

Prescription allergy pills

Pet specific Salmon Oil - kept in the fridge, one pump on the dog food and pie filling each meal for coat health

She works in a vet clinic so gets that stuff at 20% discount.

When she dropped the dog off she fed her and showed me how to administer each of the above and left the box on the table.

The next morning the Glocosamine and Allergy pill bottles were out in the backyard, tops chewed off and contents consumed entirely.   The allergy pills were some kind of 'upper' as the dog was whining and breathing fast for the next 18 hrs. 

I laughed.  My neighbors laughed.  When I called my Daughter at work to tell her about it I pulled her leg and said I'd given the dog the last pint of the salmon oil to balance out the excess glucosamine and allergy pills.  She asked me how the dog was doing - I said her joints sound squishy.  

Here's a pic before dog and Daughter moved out. 

• GreenhawK
    We have to board our dog from time to time.  We use a fancy place because my wife and son like to see him on the online camera.  They offer all kinds of crap from massages to grooming.  It's funny because I drop him off with a Target bag of food and a couple of toys.  Most of the other people have all kinds of crap in canvas bags or totes.  My special instructions are just to try to make sure that he is still alive when I come back to get him.  It is crazy some of the instructions that people give and all of the different pills etc they get.
    Large BGE Decatur, AL