Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table problems from biggreeneggtables.com

Comments

• steeevin
    steeevin Posts: 23
    Even if it is one guy and he had 100 orders pending, it is not unreasonable to expect that person to contact his customers at some point during the process - especially those whose orders are significantly behind schedule. It's not like he's locked in the shop 24x7, cranking out tables, with no ability to contact the outside world. 

Besides, we should have heard of someone getting a table by now if these tables were actually being built.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    i wasn't explaining his lack of communication.  just saying it looks like he's in over his head. 
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • psalzer
    psalzer Posts: 108
    Looks to me like if he was "swamped" it would be a simple matter to put an explanation on his web site (before it was shut down). Why anyone would pay that kind of price IN ADVANCE is beyond me, I made my table for less than $100, took me 3 days of spare time, maybe 10 hours total, and I don't work fast.
  • steeevin
    steeevin Posts: 23
    Paying in advance for items purchased online is pretty standard. Amazon has never sent me anything without receiving payment first.
  • lilwooty
    lilwooty Posts: 215
    @steevin  That's true, but when you order something online from Amazon, the sale amount is not charged to your account until the item is shipped.  Certainly not the case here.

Living Large and XL

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    B&H photo charges your card when you place the order, no matter what, FWIW

The Naked Whiz
  • Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728

B&H gets the authorization but does not charge until shipped.
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Airwolf
    Airwolf Posts: 76
    I think this horse has been killed, beaten, then flogged.  I do not think we need to turn this into a debate about who ships what and when.

The point of this thread was several people's kindness and trustfulness has been exploited by a vendor.  Everyone that has ordered a table but not received it should be disputing the charges by what ever means they have.  Bottom line, end of story in my book.

I think this thread has ran its course thoroughly.

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    edited June 2012
    Hey Whiz......gentleman....what's you talking about Willis Whiz.....lol

On the name change, yep, they asked and I had no problem changing.......probably better for me now......plus since coming up with CeramicGrillStore, look at the other sites following CGS's vibe.....ya got Super Store, Works, and Smoker Superstore...... 

Every once in a while I get crazy comments from folks wondering why I won't take their money/order for a product that is temporarily out of stock and/or for some other reason, I can't ship right away.  I just figure it's your money, you keep it till we can do some actual biz........

It's all good, t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • His website biggreeneggtables.com expired on 6/13 and is pending renewal or deletion.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    I dknt understand the confusion here

Guy decides maybe he can make some cash on the side selling tables. Wont it be fun

Buddy makes him a webpage

Makes a few tables, everyone is happy. People start buying them, prepaying because he figures that would be a good idea. Bad idea.

The lurkers who never post order too, and he's swamped.

Any one-off custom thing like this should be discussed and agreed upon before paying in advance

Sure, amazon requires payment in full. But back in 1996 when you made your first internet purchase, you werent exactly jacked with confidence either. Only because amzon is established and demonstrated their legitimacy does anyone feel totally at ease buying from them

I buy pricey stuff over the web too, but never before checking with the dealer in person and deciding whether he's legit, or checking around

I think the dude is way over his head. And he's not doing anything to allay any fears

But i AM surprised people have no qualms filling out a form and plunking down full payment without checking and rechecking

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • The Naked Whiz
    edited June 2012

Nope, B&H places the charge on your card.  I know.

Edit:  It appears they have changed their policy for folks with a billing address in the US.  Back when, I ordered a new SLR that wasn't out yet, and they charged the card and made it very clear that they were doing so.  There was a similar discussion on dpreview.com.

The Naked Whiz
  • Smoker_Guru
    Smoker_Guru Posts: 372
    Are you going to be taking orders soon??? :D
    There's a comedian in every crowd.... :D
    You taking orders yet
    :D
  • Sgt93

Nope, B&H places the charge on your card.  I know.

Edit:  It appears they have changed their policy for folks with a billing address in the US.  Back when, I ordered a new SLR that wasn't out yet, and they charged the card and made it very clear that they were doing so.  There was a similar discussion on dpreview.com.

From the $$$$$ in gear I spent last year, They never charged until they shipped.
  • The Naked Whiz
    This was several years ago.

The Naked Whiz
  • Sgt93
    Gotcha.
  • Sgt93
    This was several years ago.

BTW, loved your review on the Stoker. Please hurry on the CyberQ WiFi :)
  • The Naked Whiz
    I know, what have I done for you lately, LMAO.  I'm working on it.  The hard part is all the typing and the web page stuff.  If the weather is ok this weekend, I'll do the actual cooker testing.  The other hard part is I keep thinking of stuff I might want to test, lol!  I'm working.....
    The Naked Whiz
  • Sgt93
    I hear you, looking forward to the review. :)
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    It seems the domain name has been renewed for another year.
    So out of curiousity i went to his site wanted to see the tables he makes and all the hype about them and this is why i got
    This domain name expired on 06/13/2012 and is pending renewal or deletion.

It seems that the domain was renewed for another year on June 14th under same owner
  • Sgt93
    It seems the domain name has been renewed for another year.
    So out of curiousity i went to his site wanted to see the tables he makes and all the hype about them and this is why i got
    This domain name expired on 06/13/2012 and is pending renewal or deletion.

It seems that the domain was renewed for another year on June 14th under same owner
    That means the owner needs to renew or the hosting service is deleting it.
  • Tspud1
    Tspud1 Posts: 1,486
    Maybe I am reading this wrong but it looks like it has been renewed until
  • BeauPNS
    BeauPNS Posts: 15
    PayPal refunded my funds today. I still asked Chris that if he can still make the table I would purchase it COD.
  • 3MBBQ
    3MBBQ Posts: 26
    Glad you were able to get your money back! After getting my refund, i ordered a grill cart from Challenger Cabinet. It arrived in less than 2 weeks and I just put the egg in it this morning. It's a great cabinet with a TON of storage. 

• Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    Pix Please. 
    Glad you were able to get your money back! After getting my refund, i ordered a grill cart from Challenger Cabinet. It arrived in less than 2 weeks and I just put the egg in it this morning. It's a great cabinet with a TON of storage. 

• 3MBBQ
    terrible photo, but gives a good idea of what the challenger cabinet looks like. It has TONS of storage and is exceptionally well made. 24 inch fold up shelf on left side.
  • Rich_ie
    Wow it looks very nice. How much? And what size egg do you have? 
  • 3MBBQ
    that's a large egg - the tables run about $1400 shipped. they also make a longer one and a shorter one. It's a lot of $ to pay BUT my original wood table from BGE fell apart in 2 years and had zero storage. behind the right side door is a strong, slide out drawer and 2 shelves (middle one adjustable). the doors all have strong latches and are gasket sealed. 
  • Rich_ie
    Very nice Thanks for the info.  B-)
  • BeauPNS
    BeauPNS Posts: 15
    What does the Egg rest on I can't tell if there is a paver in there or not.