Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Pork Loin Suggestions

SouthGaSmokerSouthGaSmoker Posts: 49
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Going to try my first pork loin tomorrow morning.  Anyone have any suggestions/hints/advice? Thanks in advance.
St. Mary's, GA
·

Comments

• BuckdodgerBuckdodger Posts: 911
    This works for me...350* dome with a little hickory for smoke. I do mine direct and turn a couple of times. Cook till about 140* internal, pull and cover not wrap in foil. Might show a little pink inside but that's OK. The loin stays moist  and tender. Good luck.

Alexander City,Al
    ·
  • Don MarcoDon Marco Posts: 287
    Use your favourite Rub and some whiskey, marinate for a couple of hours and cook indirect until you reach 140 F. When you have almost reached your 140, glaze with a mixture of orange or peach jelly, whiskey and sweet chili sauce.
    Let rest for at least 10 minutes.

DM
    www.don-marcos-bbq.de
    ·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    How big of a loin? 
    ·
  • How big of a loin? 

5 1/2#  about how long will it take to cook?
    St. Mary's, GA
    ·
  • Rich_ieRich_ie Posts: 268
    @ 350-375 around 1-1 1/2 hours. Thats a guess check the temp and pull when temp is reached. And dont forget to let it rest 20-30 minutes. 
    ·