Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ Pork Pizza

Options
R2Egg2Q
R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

We cooked at the Eggs By The Bay Eggfest on Saturday and being really busy serving food we barely got to try any of our own dishes. One of the items we served was some BBQ Pork pizza. Since we didn't eat any of the fest pizza, Mrs R2 asked me to cook up a couple pies last night.

Here's how they came out.

Safeway Garlic & Herb pizza dough topped with 6 TBS of Big Butz Original BBQ sauce, mozzarella & provolone, leftover BBQ pork, and a little sauce drizzled on top:

Cooked at 500 for about 13-14 mins:

imageimageimage

They were pretty popular at the fest & at home!

Thx for looking!

XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Mmmm looks delicious. CPK probably hates you for that pizza!
  • bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    looks great just so happens i made pizza with pork and Carolina red sauce tonight was really good 
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Mmmm looks delicious. CPK probably hates you for that pizza!

Thanks! That's ok about CPK cause I wasn't thrilled with my last lunch at CA Pizza Kitchen! :P
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    looks great just so happens i made pizza with pork and Carolina red sauce tonight was really good 

Great minds think alike! lol :D Yours sounds really good!

Bay Area, CA
  • HMB_Egg
    HMB_Egg Posts: 18
    Options
    I was at the eggs by the bay, did you guys have serve the moink ?
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    I was at the eggs by the bay, did you guys have serve the moink ?

Yes we did. We served brisket (sliders & burnt ends), MOINK balls, pig shots, BBQ pork pizza, and choc chip&raisin cookies. Oh, and a little char siu (Chinese BBQ pork) off of a Mini Egg.

Bay Area, CA
  • Adamd
    Adamd Posts: 160
    Options
    Wow. I really would love one of those pizza's please! That's my favorite kind!
  • HMB_Egg
    HMB_Egg Posts: 18
    Options
    R2,

You guys got most our tickets, very good chow you were serving up!

• ribnrun
    ribnrun Posts: 174
    Options
    Cool pizza. That safeway pizza dough is pretty good? I would like to do more pizza, but making dough is PITA.

Saw you on the 23rd too. Excellent job, you had one of the most complete and unique menus. Everything the wife and I tried from you was excellent.
  • Eggucated
    Eggucated Posts: 213
    Options
    Ok, obviously I need to try pizza again. It's been a while since my first miserable failure. That looks simply amazing!
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    nice looking ZA...

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    R2,

You guys got most our tickets, very good chow you were serving up!

Thanks a lot for the feedback and the tickets (thanks to all who gave us tickets we managed to place 2nd & bring home another Mini Egg) :)
    Cool pizza. That safeway pizza dough is pretty good? I would like to do more pizza, but making dough is PITA.

Saw you on the 23rd too. Excellent job, you had one of the most complete and unique menus. Everything the wife and I tried from you was excellent.

I've had good results with the pizza dough at temps between 425 (temp the directions call for) and 550. It helps to minimize the mess I make in the kitchen. Last time I made my own dough I was almost banned from the kitchen! :-O

Thx for the feedback on the fest menu! Glad you & your wife enjoyed it. I'm not likely to attempt that many items in the future. It was pretty ambitious.

Bay Area, CA
  • R2Egg2Q
    Options
    Wow. I really would love one of those pizza's please! That's my favorite kind!
    Ok, obviously I need to try pizza again. It's been a while since my first miserable failure. That looks simply amazing!
    nice looking ZA...

t

Thanks!!

Bay Area, CA