Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Geometry lesson with making a table.

mrjwhitmrjwhit Posts: 83
edited June 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I saw a table once that had an octogon hole rather than a round one. The owner used some triangle cuts of wood to make it more of an octagon than a true circle. Has anyone seen this and if so could you send me the plans to look at?  
Large BGE as of Father's day '12 http://www.jwhit.com

Comments

• tgklemantgkleman Posts: 206
    Use your miter saw to cut 45 degree angles on the edges of your boards, and when you connect them, you will have an octagon, assuming they are all the same length.
  • mrjwhitmrjwhit Posts: 83
    Thanks. I cut a piece of cardboard to mimick the wood. I cut it at the angle you mentioned. It looks great. So the moment of truth is to cut the wood to do the same thing. Fun, fun, fun.

Large BGE as of Father's day '12 http://www.jwhit.com
  • stevesailsstevesails Posts: 981
    Use your miter saw to cut 45 degree angles on the edges of your boards, and when you connect them, you will have an octagon, assuming they are all the same length.
    Don't you mean 22.5 degree cuts?

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• porkmanporkman Posts: 20
    22.5 degree cuts it is. 45 degree cuts on the end of each board will make a square. Two boards with 22.5 degree angles that are connected will form an angle of 45 degrees, so it is somewhat confusing.....