Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oh Noooo

g-o
g-o Posts: 39
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Fire went out. Panic time. Got it going again. Lost about 15 deg. meat temp., but its back up to 155 now. Dome temp now 260
I got one of those remote temp sensors/sending unit combination gizzmos. Kind of neat to be able to stay close to TV, fridge and recliner and still know what the Q is doin. Ahhhh this is the life.
Gord

Comments

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    g-o, When is it dinner time?

• g-o
    g-o Posts: 39
    Gfw, I could have already eaten an hour ago. Guess I'll just have a salad and keep waitin. I'm not going to eat it till its ready. I can be stubborn too.
    Gord

• Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    g-o,[p]Not the smoothest of cooks, yes. But it is a great learning cook. Since your internal dropped and came back says that you have the probe inserted in a good piece of internal meat and can rely on what it reports.[p]I'd suggest only sipping the liquid refreshment as this cook will finish in the wee hours. What is coming is a slow rise in internal temp and the plateau. This is when the internal temp simply stops rising. At this point, smile and understand that now the collegen and gristle that makes the meat tough is being slowly dissolved into great flavor. It is important to the end product to wait this period out. Keep a consistant dome temp and be patient.[p]I am all smiles. Been there and now love the experience. Do the cook for the making of the meat - it reheats very well.[p]Spin

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Spin,
    You have a way with words! Have a great weekend.
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Spin
    Spin Posts: 1,375
    Nature Boy,[p]A first cook is like every first, stumbles and fumblings, but long remembered :).[p]Our very best to you and yours,
    Spin