Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Reheating Pulled Pork

Options
GmaEgger
GmaEgger Posts: 13
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
What's the best way to reheat pulled pork?

Comments

• xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    Options
    depends on how you store it. Heavy duty ziploc freezer bags and dip into boiling water always works best for me. I vac seal everything, so they just get dropped into a pot of boiling water for a few minutes and come out piping hot. Any other way i've tried SEVERLY dries out the pork.
  • GmaEgger
    GmaEgger Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks. Just took off the grill this morning. It's now in fridge in foil pan waiting to serve to large group in about 5 hours.
  • PapaB
    PapaB Posts: 146
    Options

I have reheated vacuum sealed bags in simmering water.  I also just spread it onto a baking sheet with AF and heat at 300 for 20 min.

• ElDestructo
    Options
    I have reheated in a foil pan tightly covered with foil on the egg @ around 300 - 350.  I had approximately 17lbs raw and it took about two hours to reheat.
  • Big Red
    Big Red Posts: 19
    Options

Pulled pork done early. I just woke up to check on the egg and the pulled pork was just about done. I had restarted the egg last night because my fire went out and i guess I didn't stabilize it well enough because it was cooking at a higher temp than I would have liked (that is why its done early). So, approx 12 hours before my guests will be eating it. Anybody have any thoughts on the best way to store it now? Keep it in a warming oven or let cool and throw in the fridge to reheat later?

Many thanks

• Hokie_Smoker
    Hokie_Smoker Posts: 662
    Options
    I reheat mine in a crockpot with a little apple juice/pineapple juice and apple cider vinegar.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Big Red
    Big Red Posts: 19
    Options
    I like the crockpot idea, I think I will serve it out of that too.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Pulled pork done early. I just woke up to check on the egg and the pulled pork was just about done. I had restarted the egg last night because my fire went out and i guess I didn't stabilize it well enough because it was cooking at a higher temp than I would have liked (that is why its done early). So, approx 12 hours before my guests will be eating it. Anybody have any thoughts on the best way to store it now? Keep it in a warming oven or let cool and throw in the fridge to reheat later?

Many thanks

12 hours is a long time. You should probably go ahead and pull it and refrigerate. If you have a food saver, do that. You can reheat in warm water or the crock pot works too. You can add a little sauce if it dries out. Should still be great

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX