Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Are you happy it’s finally National BBQ Month? While we like to BBQ year round, May is our favorite because the whole country is celebrating delicious food. If you’re new to cooking BBQ on your EGG, check out our Smoking Basics Publication...if not, proceed to some of our favorite recipes! We love Dr. BBQ’s Coffee Rubbed Brisket, Famous Dave’s Sticky Ribs and Virginia Willis’ Pulled Pork. Pair with this cheesy favorite for a winning way to start off May!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smooked Meatloaf

13»

Comments

• onelikearockonelikearock Posts: 115
    Maybe this was answered already, but is this cooked direct or indirect?
    Indirect...........
    Chesapeake, VA
    ·
  • JerkChickenJerkChicken Posts: 551
    How tall or thick do you make the smooked loaf? I imagine the thicker the longer cook time?
    LBGE, Weber OTG w/ Rotisserie, Weber Genesis S-330, Chargriller Duo, AR-15, AK-47
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 241

cook to 160 degree's internal temperature seems to be the most important thing...1 of ours went to 175 and was not as moist....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·
  • BotchBotch Posts: 3,064
    For what its worth, the two loaves I've made I molded with my hands and room-temperature meat, didn't refrigerate them to firm them up at all; no problems.  One was cooked in an aluminum tray, the other on the CI grid (flat side up).  

@Botch ; Did you find any benefit to using a CI grid? Just curious. 

The CI grid, flat-side up, just has more "support" area to hold the loaf.  I haven't tried the wire rack; it may work just as well... 

Live fast, die young, and leave a well-marbled corpse.  

Ogden, Utard.  
    ·
  • pasoeggpasoegg Posts: 241

my wife has just found some disposable alum pans with rows of holes in the bottom of them at the dollar store.  They would hold 2 meat loafs at a time.  Price was next to nothing and makes clean up easier...  Like I need another reason to make a meat loaf.....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

·