Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

'''''What is the consensus'''''

Options
2»

Comments

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    The search is good to use, but am not always able to find what I want.  I am very appreciative of all the immediate/emergency responders btw
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Continuing the off - topic .... I am a huge forum user.   For things I am interested in - I will find a forum or two and use them ( heavily).

Wow - the educational knowledge I have gained.    There are many on here that are cooking at a level that I will never reach - still great to read about what Gary, Griffin, Stike, NecessaryIndulg, Travis, Mickey, Austin, Cen-tex smoker, ...  ( started listing,  realizing that I would not remember several people who should be on the list, my apologies )  are doing with an Egg.  

I bought the Egg to slow cook, smoke bbq.   Found I love chicken and seafood on it in addition to Ribs, Brisket, and Pork. 

Back to Mickey's original question, sometimes the overwhelming consensus thing is not all that bad.   I started on the forum ( reading only) a month or so before I got the egg.   Forum confirmed thats what I wanted.

First time someone said not to soak wood chunks/chips - I kinda wondered about it.   After I saw several people chiming in with the same advice - prompted me to try it - discovered all those people were dead on.

Consensus can be a very powerful, good thing --- as long as the reader understands that consensus is like minded opinion with multiple points of confirmation - not a RULE that has to be followed.

Cookin in Texas
  • KingRover
    KingRover Posts: 115
    Options

Consensus can be a very powerful, good thing --- as long as the reader understands that consensus is like minded opinion with multiple points of confirmation - not a RULE that has to be followed.

Well said.
  • Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Options
    As a newbie who reads often, but will still perform a search. I can find what I'm looking for (on this forum) faster with Google than with the forum search..........it's crazy that I find it easier to use an outside source for this specific site. I've started book marking many threads on what I might want to try in the future. This site not only gave me great insight on what to try (or not try) but also gives me motivation to try new things. (and makes me laugh) There are some really great people here.

I would definitely agree that many don't search (or even just read what is a few posts down) before asking the same questions.....but if everyone researched and tried the same old method, what would we learn?

I'm not disagreeing, I'm trying to be open minded.

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Sorry Mickey, didn't mean to hijack your thread. After all, you are president and CEO of the Turbo Club.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sorry Mickey, didn't mean to hijack your thread. After all, you are president and CEO of the Turbo Club.

You can hijack any thread of mine anytime my friend.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.