Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

two half rack ribs in two diff foodsaver bags need to reheat now. Best way???

lemonade
lemonade Posts: 93
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I've got two half racks in two different bags vac sealed and ready to reheat, and I'm craving ribs, now.   I have never microwaved or put in water, leftovers in vac bags before.  I've always taken them out of the bags, and ad hoc a reheat method.  

What's the best way to get vac sealed leftover ribs done NOW for dinner??   

-Lemonade Nate
Is it done yet? Is it done yet?

Comments

• SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Hmmmmm. I use the defrost setting in the microwave and just warm them up but never tried it with ribs in a vacuum sealed bag. I don't think it would make much difference. 
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited June 2012
    Hot water on the stove.  Do it all the time.  Being able to go from freezer, to the stovetop to the plate is the whole beauty of the foodsaver.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Hot water for sure.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    Hot water - X3
    Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • alexwolf1216
    alexwolf1216 Posts: 112
    I asked this same question a week or so ago. I heated a crock pot full of water on low, it was around 120. I tossed the bag in there and let it heat up for a while, they were frozen so I left them in for I think 2 hours. Tasted absolutely amazing, completely reinforced my decision on the FoodSaver.
    San Antonio, TX. LBGE.
    Wolf Studios Photography
    http://www.wolfstudiosphotography.com
  • DenaSmoker
    DenaSmoker Posts: 44
    I asked this same question a week or so ago. I heated a crock pot full of water on low, it was around 120. I tossed the bag in there and let it heat up for a while, they were frozen so I left them in for I think 2 hours. Tasted absolutely amazing, completely reinforced my decision on the FoodSaver.
    It completely reinforced your decision on the Food Saver because of the type of bag that was used to seal (can be frozen or boiled) or because it is vacuum sealed and you know no water will get in? Or both?
  • I have a food saver and never really use it for cooked food so I can just q some meat vacuum seal freeze and then reheat in hot water and good as new? Damn I've been missing out if this is the case
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    ChokeOnSmoke Posts: 1,942
    edited June 2012
    I have a food saver and never really use it for cooked food so I can just q some meat vacuum seal freeze and then reheat in hot water and good as new? Damn I've been missing out if this is the case
    Yup. It's a big part of my BBQ world.
    I only cook for my wife and I but I go big with all my low and slow cooks just to store lots of individual meals in my freezer.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• Nice and it really tastes almost as good as right off the grill I'm gonna start loading the egg up and start sealing//any particular way of reheating better boiling water that croc pot method?
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    I use boiling water because it is faster. Works great every time.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC