Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Cooking Grate

TakTak Posts: 76
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Morning guys!!!....I just got my new Lg Green Egg.....I was noticing that the cooking grate is not cast iron but stainless steel....is that common for the newer eggs?....I noticed that most grates seem to be a black cast iron....just wondering if I should get a cast iron grate....let me know your thoughts....thanks guys!!
·

Comments

• troutgeektroutgeek Posts: 455
    edited June 2012
    Before 2011, eggs came with a black porcelain grate. The stainless was a product upgrade. They also upgraded the dome thermometer.

Cast iron grates are extra, and only needed if you like grill marks.
    Large BGE - Small BGE - Traeger Lil' Tex Elite - Weber 22.5" One-Touch - Weber Smokey Joe
    ·
  • mo eggmo egg Posts: 133
    Get the grill grates you will love them
    ·
  • TakTak Posts: 76
    Thank guys!!!.....I think I found a used one on Craig's list....think I will go get it today....I will be doing steaks and like the grill marks.....LOL!
    ·
  • GeauxEgginGeauxEggin Posts: 31
    Most of the grates you see pictures of on here are the stainless.  They just turn black very quickly into your eggs life!
    ·