Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

100th competition!

Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,400
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Had to post because it's kinda a big deal for us....but this weekend, in Covington, VA, high in the mountains, Dizzy Pig will be competing in its 100th pro contest.  Every contest has been cooked exclusively on EGGs, and we'll have 6 of them smoking this weekend in this state championship.

Thanks to BGE and Eggers everywhere for the support of our team over the past 10 years! It continues to be a wild ride.
Cheers, and happy cookin!
Chris
DizzyPigBBQ.com
Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings

Comments

• MrCookingNurseMrCookingNurse Posts: 4,393
    Woot woot! Good luck!

XLBGE 
  • GA_DawgsGA_Dawgs Posts: 273

Congrats, good luck!

• Howdy_DoodyHowdy_Doody Posts: 146
    I made your Salmon with Raging River rub and Butter/Maple glaze this weekend.  Our guest said it was the best salmon she's ever eaten, BY FAR.  

Cook that, and you''re a shoe in.  

Good luck !
    Houston, Texas http://willsononline.com
  • NewportlocalNewportlocal Posts: 474
    Congratulations! Hope you place at the top!
  • Hi54puttyHi54putty Posts: 1,856
    You guys make some quality products. Congrats and best of luck this weekend.

If you ever come down to NC let us know.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,400
    Thanks a bunch yall. Howdy Doody, Glad the salmon worked out for you. Wish we could cook salmon for the "Pork" category ;)   Our pork has not been scoring well lately. But I don't think it would go over to well with the judges when they expect chicken, ribs, pork and brisket.

Hi54putty, we were just in NC at the end of April in Edenton. We'll be back there next year. 
    Thanks again...and cheers
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • ducksbuddyducksbuddy Posts: 56

good luck!!!!!

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118
    edited June 2012
    Nature Boy I just can't imagine your pork not scoring well.  Dizzy Dust has become our primary rib rub and I had two different family members say this was the best they had ever had.  Of course, my family members are not professional Q judges :D
    Duganboy. Much appreciate the kind words. Professional BBQ judges are over-rated, BTW. ;)

Our pork not scoring terribly luckily..but It's getting really tough out there. Much more serious competitors coming on every year. Taking classes. The teams these days take this stuff seriously. You really need to blow the judges mind to score well. We were scoring high with pork a couple years ago, now it seems to be ribs. Weird how it happens.

Beers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • Hokie_SmokerHokie_Smoker Posts: 631
    Good luck Chris. I have jerk marinated wings with a dusting of Raging River on the egg now. Enjoy the beauty of the Alleghany's this weekend.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 574

Idea: Sell big Dizzy Dust gift packages/assortments at Sam's/Costco.  Good or bad idea?

I hear nothing but good things on the flavors and ingredients in DP.

• dlk7dlk7 Posts: 1,038
    Congrats!!!  Your spices make me look good.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

Hokie, thanks man. Spent easily 200 nights in the Alleghenys in a tent. Love, love love that high plateau (for the East ;) Never been to Covington, but looking forward to it. Forecast is 102 here in Fairfax, and 97 up on the plateau. Dang....hope it's not humid!

Z, I think I'll opt out on the Costco deal, but we are working hard to get the stuff out there.
    Cheers
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
  • SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,307
    NB - Since the pork's not scoring well maybe slip some of the Salmon in there just to see if they notice! It probably ought to be a category anyway.
  • BYS1981BYS1981 Posts: 2,450

Idea: Sell big Dizzy Dust gift packages/assortments at Sam's/Costco.  Good or bad idea?

I hear nothing but good things on the flavors and ingredients in DP.

That would be nice, but at least you can go to Ace in Walnut Creek.. thatks closest for me and approx 30 mins away
  • BjorgBjorg Posts: 239
    We are having a hard time getting your product here in Canada. I am in the Montreal area and would love to buy packages at Costco or another distributor.

Congrats on the 100th competition and good luck. 

Quebec - Canada
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 574
    at BBQ competitions in the Pacific Northwest, salmon actually is a category!