Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Party Q

Eggucated
Eggucated Posts: 213
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Finally ordered a Party Q, man I can't wait to do some lo 'n slo cooks while I sleep!  Ok, I've done them before without any additional assistance, but it'll be nice to have some insurance!

Don't kill my spending money on my egg buzz!!  :)

Mike
Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."

Comments

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    How much does the Party Q run for, if you don't mind me asking. I am looking into different stokers, so I can sleep soundly if I do an overnighter. 2 kids under three years old is enough waking up for me, haha.
  • Eggucated
    From the BBQ Guru site it was $139 with the Large BGE adapter.  I understand I have a 6 year old and three year old that get up with the sun.  It's pretty basic compared to the Stokers, but Whiz had some favorable words about it, and I trust his opinion.
    Thanks, Mike "Live in such a way that if anyone should speak badly of you, no one will believe it."
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    The only thing that keeps me wondering is the AA batteries. I'd like to have one that plugs in. Does it have that option?

XLBGE 
  • xraypat23
    xraypat23 Posts: 421
    I got the pit master ique-110 for about $150 shipped and it plugs in...nice and simple to use. Highly recommended 

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Auber Instruments ($130) plugs in and works for me. Simple without all the bells and whistles.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    edited June 2012
    I've run mine 25 hours straight on the same set of batteries, with the PartyQ set to keep a 250* temperature on my large. No problems. I've run at least 30 hours on my current set, spread across multiple cooks. I'm more concerned about my probe burning out, since mine is one of early models, that has the probe hard-wired in (as opposed to plugging in).

I'm happy with mine, and would buy it again.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    Shedfarm, if my probe went south and I had the model that didn't plug in, when I sent it back, I'd sure ask if they could (if they don't already do this) change out the probe for a pluggable probe, even if I had to pay a little extra.
    The Naked Whiz
  • The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    MrCookingNurse, no, they don't have that option.  Someone said they hacked their unit to do that, but for me that's what made me clap my hands with joy.  Totally independant of any wire or power source.    If it's not below freezing then slap in a set of alkaline.  If it's cold, slap in a set of lithium.  Either way, it's the first really portable unattached unit.  But I understand that some want the assurance of either a car battery or house current.  But I was pleased as punch to get mine.
    The Naked Whiz
  • Eggucated
    Battery power is also the reason I picked the PartyQ. One of these days I plan on building a nice patio area for my egg and I don't want to run electric or extension cords.

I cant wait, it shipped within a couple hours of placing my order.
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    Thanks naked whiz! This is yet a dream of mine at the moment. I really enjoy doing the egg myself but it'd be nice to set and go to sleep.

XLBGE