Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Dutch Oven Cooking Tables

Options
BGE Convert
BGE Convert Posts: 127
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum

I appologize for this request in that it is not BGE related but I like to cook outdoors on a variety of things other than a BGE.  I was trying to gather some opinions on Dutch Oven Cooking tables, specifically as to who makes the best one (in your honest opinion).  I read some reviews on the Lodge version and while there were good reviews, there were enough negative reviews regarding the quality and workmanship (chinese fabrication) that I might look elsewhere since these tables are about $200 plus.  Anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Comments

• RandallB
    RandallB Posts: 67
    Options

Given the heat and weight of the ovens, I haven't seen any manufactured ones that catch my eye.  None of them look like they would be "the last one you buy".

I teach dutch oven cooking for the Boy Scout troop.  We have an old heavy hand made table. Indestructible  For $200 plus for "box" models, I would also check into getting a metal work shop to make one.   Doesn't have to be pretty, just functional. 

• BGE Convert
    BGE Convert Posts: 127
    Options
    funtional and portable is what I am going for.  Thanks for the comments Randal