Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you all got to celebrate those tasty food holidays last week, we sure enjoyed them! We are even more excited about the beginning of fall, for so many reasons, but mainly for experiencing the cool, crisp air while being outside cooking up the best recipes the season has to offer. We especially love these Beer Pork Tenderloin and Ground Beef Acorn Squash recipes! Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Best set up for st. louis style ribs

edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have a large BGE...what is the best set up for 3 racks of st. louis style ribs? Do I need a grill rack extender?

Comments

• alyndalynd Posts: 93
    I did St. Lous style ribs for the first time last weekend.  I could fit two of them flat on the grate and then I rolled the third rack up into a spiral, held together by a toothpick.  All 3 racks turned out great and there was no difference between the ones I had layed flat vs. the one rolled up.
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 537

I would say there are 3 ways to fit St. Louis ribs on a large without huge investment:

1. use a rib rack (got mine at wally world for $4ish)

2. cut one rack in half so that you have 2 halfs on outside and 2 wholes on inside

3. buy another 18" cooking grid and some plain clay bricks wrapped in aluminum foil.  I will go original grid, 2-3 "fire" bricks, then sent 2nd grid on top.  That is a $15 way to get 2-level cooking

• DuganboyDuganboy Posts: 1,118

I use a rib rack everytime I do more than two racks on the LBGE.  They cook just like laying them flat.  I usually turn them over about mid cook.