Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Game Changer

Options
Ragtop99
Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
edited June 2012 in EggHead Forum
Picked up some nice boneless chicken breasts over the weekend to cook on Monday.  I'm not a big fan of white meat chicken, nor is my oldest son or my daughter.  Middle son and wife like it.  So for an experiment I decided to do make some bacon wrapped chicken.  Here's how things unfolded last night in the kitchen while I'm getting dinner ready.

middle son:  Steve (friend of middle son) and I are going out to eat.
me:  Why didn't you say something before I started making dinner?
middle son:  Dunno.  what's for dinner?
me: chicken.  Steve can stay and join us.
middle son:  Pass. we're going to walk into town.  see ya later.
Steve: is that bacon wrapped chicken that you're making?
me: yes.
Steve:  That's a game changer.  we should stay for dinner.
middle son: really?
Steve:  definitely!

So there you have it when dealing with teenage rebellion.  Bacon wrapped chicken > shame of eating with your parents.

They were pretty good.  Bacon did not overpower the chicken.  Indirect at 350* for about a half hour with some apple chunks. Used a thermopen to verify 160* in the chicken.  Also made some of the breasts with just pepper and garlic, and a nice hot Italian sausage to try since it was from a new store.

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.

Comments