Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Ceramic feet and green rain cap being "phased out."

2»

Comments

• ojt2
    ojt2 Posts: 2
    I'm new to forum and tried to send a private message but Don't know if i did it right so I'll go traditional too. I have a set of feet for a large that I think would work fine on a medium. You're welcome to them if you like.
  • hogsfan
    hogsfan Posts: 128
    edited April 2012
    I sent you a message back. I will gladly take them. Send me your email address via message and I'll contact you. Thank you so much!
  • mrjwhit
    mrjwhit Posts: 83
    Are the ceramic feet still available? I haven't had time to check with my dealer.
    Large BGE as of Father's day '12 http://www.jwhit.com
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Well, I broke my rain cap awhile back. Haven't gotten around to getting it replaced. I cover the top with a piece of foil and then throw the Daisy on top of that and it shuts down just fine. Not real concerned about rust as mines got a good seasoning on it and there's no forecast for rain in N. Texas in the foreseeable future. Although it has been rained on plenty of times.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Sgt93
    Sgt93 Posts: 728
    I don't have experience with the feet, but the cap is a must. It makes the egg complete.  I may buy another in case I drop this one :))
    XL BGE - Small BGE - A few Komodo Kamado Serious Big Bad 42s
    Follow me on Instagram: @SSgt93
  • Tak
    Tak Posts: 145
    HI everyone!!...I just received my new Lg Green Egg and the ceramic feet were not included....I called the vendor and he indicated that they are no longer shipping ceramic feet with the Egg....he indicated that they stopped shipping feet with units some time ago.....thought I'd pass that on....
  • TexAg87
    TexAg87 Posts: 22
    edited June 2012
    I recently purchased my XL, which was manufactured in May of this year, and it had the ceramic chimney cap but no feet. They must have decided that the feet went unused often enough that they could eliminate them and offer the table nest at additional cost.
  • Rich_ie
    Rich_ie Posts: 268
    My XL came with the cap no feet! I don't think I would buy one without the cap. 
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    By the way I would say Rain cap is a must.  My DW is a month old and already has a few rust spots on.
    DW can be reseasoned. There are a few threads about it. Check Doc Eggerton's thread about it.
  • Frachlitz
    Frachlitz Posts: 17
    Griller from Denmark, Europe (BigGreenEgg Large, Weber Q300, Weber Gold 57cm)
  • Initially when I closed the egg up, it seemed to seal better than now. What should I check ?
  • plumbfir01
    plumbfir01 Posts: 725
    What did you change? Can you elaborate a bit more please?
    Beaufort, SC
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    BYS1981 said:
    By the way I would say Rain cap is a must.  My DW is a month old and already has a few rust spots on.
    DW can be reseasoned. There are a few threads about it. Check Doc Eggerton's thread about it.
    I have all three of my DW's in the garage. They are not needed as I control from the bottom vent only. Works just fine.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• wpendlegg
    wpendlegg Posts: 141
    My large did not come with a cap. My dealer said he could sell me one, but suggested trying to put fires out using the daisy wheel to start with.

It works, but it can take a while (hours). A year later, I can say I probably waste a lot of lump waiting on fires to die out. And my daisy wheel does get gunked up, as someone else mentioned.
    Lubbock, TX
    Large BGE
  • horseflesh
    horseflesh Posts: 206
    I have never used the green cap. My grill seems to shut down just fine with the DW. It's also gunky and rusty, and I don't care. Ya don't cook on it.
  • wpendlegg said:
    My large did not come with a cap. My dealer said he could sell me one, but suggested trying to put fires out using the daisy wheel to start with.

It works, but it can take a while (hours). A year later, I can say I probably waste a lot of lump waiting on fires to die out. And my daisy wheel does get gunked up, as someone else mentioned.
    It should have. My large came with one and the assembly instructions even show it. I would have a talk with the dealer....
    Lg Egg - Asheville, NC
  • Miked125
    Miked125 Posts: 481
    I also did not get either BUTTT..... Get the table nest, its awesome and cheap.